Modded my Bogner XTC - clips inside

BrentSP

Silver Supporting Member
40 views but no replies............LMAO!! Okaaaaay I can take a hint! ;)

celestion101

Gold Supporting Member
I like it! What did the mod involve (with regards to the Red Ch)? It sounded brighter than my XTC did. Good stuff!

:dude

BrentSP

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by fit2-btied
I like it! What did the mod involve (with regards to the Red Ch)? It sounded brighter than my XTC did. Good stuff!

:dude
I revoiced it by shifting some of the frequencies and adding/taking away here and there. Overall it has more of a cutting voice, bigger teeth and a more usable gain without mushing out.

BrentSP

Silver Supporting Member
Does Bogner still to the Classic mod on 101Bs? I may just do this time.

Originally posted by BrentSP
I revoiced it by shifting some of the frequencies and adding/taking away here and there. Overall it has more of a cutting voice, bigger teeth and a more usable gain without mushing out.
Brent, just changing caps ect.? Something the novice at electronic soldering can do? Is this basically what a Classic mod is?

Thanks,
Duffy

BrentSP

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by duffyguitarman
Brent, just changing caps ect.? Something the novice at electronic soldering can do? Is this basically what a Classic mod is?

Thanks,
Duffy
No its far from the Classic mod. That mod consist of different filtering, pre and pwr amp changes and removal of some of the features. The mod I did just changes the red channel only. I think any novice could probably handle it.

gearjoneser

I have an original white chassis loaded 101B, which you can see on page 2 of my gearpage.

To get an effect similar to what you're talking about, I usually assign the presence to the red channel and boost the highs a little.

What do you think is the tonal difference between your mod, and doing what I do with the assignable presence?

BrentSP

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by gearjoneser
I have an original white chassis loaded 101B, which you can see on page 2 of my gearpage.

To get an effect similar to what you're talking about, I usually assign the presence to the red channel and boost the highs a little.

What do you think is the tonal difference between your mod, and doing what I do with the assignable presence?
I've never played a white chassis model I assume for the most part they are the same as my 101B. If so then the difference is pretty noticable. Theres a tad more gain and the hi mids come out punching thru. The bass response is very full and tight. The overall attack is a lot quicker to.

gearjoneser

Where did you hear about the mod, or did you come up with it? I'm curious to know the details. The Ecstasy is such a fine tuned machine, I'd be hesitant to start changing components, but I'm curious to know what prompted you to make the changes.

The only mod I would have always loved to see would be an extra button on the footswitch, to turn on plexi mode/off.

BrentSP

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by gearjoneser
Where did you hear about the mod, or did you come up with it? I'm curious to know the details. The Ecstasy is such a fine tuned machine, I'd be hesitant to start changing components, but I'm curious to know what prompted you to make the changes.

The only mod I would have always loved to see would be an extra button on the footswitch, to turn on plexi mode/off.
I came up with the mod myself but what got me started was talking with Mark Cameron. He told me the where abouts on the board and I took it from there.