1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Modding pedals for line level signals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ChorusCrackpot, May 17, 2011.

1. ChorusCrackpot

ChorusCrackpot Member

Is it relatively simple to modify a guitar effects pedal to run at +4dB line level?

I've got a Boss CE-3 that I'm thinking of using in a stereo effects loop. Would it be easy to modify?

Thanks.

2. ChorusCrackpot

ChorusCrackpot Member

Would it be easy to modify, or not?

3. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

You could try one of these from Ebtech it is a line Level shifter, I used one with an amp I had several years ago that only had a line level fx loop. This box worked quite well!

[​IMG]

4. amz-fx

amz-fx Supporting Member

There is a good chance that it will run unmodified in the fx loop, as long as the loop can accommodate unbalanced signals. If so, just try it and see what it sounds like.

regards, Jack

5. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member Vendor

Not so easy to modify. That Ebtech thing looks cool, also Fuchs and Pigrtonix make pedals to use stompboxes in line level loops (with blend options, reverb options, etc)

6. ChorusCrackpot

ChorusCrackpot Member