• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

modeled marshal tone? the easiest to get? which unit excels?

timbuck2

The Headrush is the easiest modeler I've ever used. Big touch screen and pretty simplified controls.

I played the 100w JCM800 last night and it was a blast. Cranked up the volume/gain, dropped the presence/treble, added a good impulse with a little reverb and delay, and it was sounding great. Nice crunchy tone with the volume on 10, roll back to 5 for crystal clean tone, hit a boost to go over the top.
I liked the headrush gui and looper better then others but the amps and effects are lacking for me and need to be updated and added to for that price of a unit.

timbuck2

IRs are the key...
I have been testing out both an HX stompand a Headrush gigboard for direct to PC and using a powered JBL desktop monitor setup.

several weeks and just could not get it right..
today I tried a different IR, the Celestion SUhr V30 all mic = room stereo and in seconds it was like "oh, yeah, that's it!"
game changer, like night and day. (this was with the Headrush Gigboard and the JCM 800 amp)
if this is true then the $450 podgo may be a great value after you add your own ir;s?

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
I liked the headrush gui and looper better then others but the amps and effects are lacking for me and need to be updated and added to for that price of a unit.
Agreed, but all the units in that price range have compromises. Pod Go probably will be the best value and should be a big success. But for "easiest to get" tone right now my vote is Headrush.

ccoker

Silver Supporting Member
I bought a used Headrush for 450 and it's a great desktop solution with more flexibility than the HX Stomp

I am a dedicated amp guy and live I will use my Friedman DS40
I like a real amp with knobs for live, but for direct and low volume....

timbuck2

I bought a used Headrush for 450 and it's a great desktop solution with more flexibility than the HX Stomp

I am a dedicated amp guy and live I will use my Friedman DS40
I like a real amp with knobs for live, but for direct and low volume....
wow WEll yea at 450 its a no brianer. The list price from the getgo should have been $500 cause at $500 i wouldnt care about updates and such myself.I think it would have sold wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy way more units at that.

Pat6969

Silver Supporting Member
Guidorist Cameron Atomica is the best modded Marshall tone I’ve heard to date. Sounds huge even into my V30 loaded Mesa 112 Widebody. Love it.

Trending Topics