• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Modeler with an aux. in for iPod/MP3

jetattblue

Gold Supporting Member
I have a 2.5 year old child, so my late night playing is limited to headphones. I would like to practice along with songs on my iPod and be able to pick up songs this way. Other than the PodXT Live, does anyone know of a modeler that would be useable for late night practicing? I am not playing through a computer at night, so I would like it to be a stand alone unit. The older desktop Tonelab seemed like an excellent solution - easy to use, inexpensive, relatively good reviews - but it does not appear to have an aux. in.

Or, would it make sense to run the Tonelab and iPod into a very small mixer? That would also work. I just really like the form factor of the Tonelab. If so, any thoughts on a cheap very small mixer?

Any suggestions? I could use the help.

jcj

Silver Supporting Member
I have a 2.5 year old child, so my late night playing is limited to headphones. I would like to practice along with songs on my iPod and be able to pick up songs this way. Other than the PodXT Live, does anyone know of a modeler that would be useable for late night practicing? I am not playing through a computer at night, so I would like it to be a stand alone unit. The older desktop Tonelab seemed like an excellent solution - easy to use, inexpensive, relatively good reviews - but it does not appear to have an aux. in.

Any suggestions? I could use the help.
Go check out the Line 6 Spider Jam.

Very cool unit!

emperor_black

AFAIK, all modelers come with an MP3/AUX in. Infact, I've never seen one which doesnt have a AUX in. Why, even the pocket POD comes with a AUX in. I'm sorry if I'm misinterpreting what you're asking in the first place. :)

jetattblue

Gold Supporting Member
Cool. I just saw the pocket pod express and it has what I need. I did not realize the others had aux INS. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

Trending Topics