Modern Scandinavian Fusion

Tone_Boss

I've heavily gotten into these three bands lately. Any other suggestions for this genre? Not sure whats in the water over there but I'm digging the musicianship and the creativity of these bands.

Raoul Bjorkenheim(originally from Finland) does some things you may like. I like Scorch Trio and the Apocalypso record.

shikawkee

The One True King
So, so much great stuff coming from Scandinavia. Scorch Trio yes, Arve Henriksen, Nils-Petter Molvaer, Stian Westerhuis, Supersilent, I could go on and on...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shikawkee

The One True King
Martin Kuchen, Mats Guftafsson to include some Swedes <g>.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

shikawkee

The One True King
Terje Rypdal and Jan Garbarek especially.

shikawkee

The One True King
Nice video! Where was that? For the OP: Eivind Aarset is a guitar player to look into as well. My favorite recent discovery is the Fire! Orchestra. Fantastisk stuff.

shikawkee

The One True King
Nevermind, I opened the vid up in Youtube when I got to my computer and see it's from Rock City. Sweet.

Tone_Boss

So much great music here. I've got a lot of exploring to do. Incredible scene there, I'd love to go over and check it out.

The bear

Nevermind, I opened the vid up in Youtube when I got to my computer and see it's from Rock City. Sweet.
Hi, yes from Namsos, "Rock City". I am originally from there and put together this group for a gig in the summer. All the other guys live either in or outside of Namsos. We had a blast playing.
Thanks for the kind words!

Trending Topics