Modern Tele style on a budget

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
I've been privelaged to have a lot of great guitars in my life, and not too many have been tele's. I have had two pretty cool ones, sounded great, but just never bonded with.

I think It may be due to the fact that neither had arm and rear contours, and/or a compound radius.

That being said, looking for a tele that features these on a sub $800 budget. The cheaper the better, for decent quality. Any suggestions?

flatnine

Build a Warmoth Tele with all the contours. If you watch the Showcase section you can usually find a body and or neck for a reasonable price. Definately on the high end of your budget but way better quality then you would find for twice the price.

doc

Silver Supporting Member
Better yet, buy a Warmoth or other similar Tele used - watch the usual auction sites and local listings. Might take awhile, and it might need a little work to get it just right, but that's the inexpensive option. I have a Warmoth Tele with a flame Koa top and neck, boatneck contour, chambered swamp ash body, Sperzels, Fishman Powerbridge. It came with the documentation of what the previous owner paid for the parts. I bought it for about $450 - that's about what the neck alone cost him.

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
Better yet, buy a Warmoth or other similar Tele used - watch the usual auction sites and local listings. Might take awhile, and it might need a little work to get it just right, but that's the inexpensive option. I have a Warmoth Tele with a flame Koa top and neck, boatneck contour, chambered swamp ash body, Sperzels, Fishman Powerbridge. It came with the documentation of what the previous owner paid for the parts. I bought it for about $450 - that's about what the neck alone cost him.
Wow! What a steal!

Trending Topics