Modern Vintage Marshall or Jubilee

kustombob

Ran across a deal on a Purple Modern Vintage 50w Marshall is excellent shape for around $650 but I have been wanting a Silver jubilee . I have a DSL 100H that I use quite a bit. Just want some different tones to play with. What you think, Thanks

Therockpro

Ran across a deal on a Purple Modern Vintage 50w Marshall is excellent shape for around $650 but I have been wanting a Silver jubilee . I have a DSL 100H that I use quite a bit. Just want some different tones to play with. What you think, Thanks

You answered your own question. I like the VM, it's a great amp, but if you want a Jubilee chances are you'll still be wanting one if you buy a VM.

HAHA True story - I bought a 2266C Vintage Modern combo earlier this year, but like this guy - I wanted a silver jubilee. Just as Serenity said, I thought the Vintage Modern was a sweet amp, but I still ended up ordering a 2525C Mini Silver Jubilee combo afterward!

Step 1. Buy the VM, since it's discontinued, and that's a good price on a cool amp
Step 2. Buy a Silver Jubilee later, after selling sperm/plasma/kidneys, since they're still being made
Step 3. Keep both, because they're both different but awesome amps
Step 4. Profit

Okay, I can't guarantee step 4, and generally speaking a good portion of step 2 is dubious, but you get the idea.

kustombob

So rockpro' is the jubilee worth the cost and quite different than the VM. I like your idea also Wooki. Thanks guys

louis

Silver Supporting Member
I know why I hated my Jubilee in the 80's, it sounded harsh and sterile,
but after listening to Johan on this demo with his 4x12 loaded with
G12H-30 55hz Pre Rola's , I now undestand that what I hated about mine
was the stock G12-70's........never even got close to what he's getting with his Mini.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom