Modfactor + Superdelay or M9

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by acbarros, Dec 19, 2009.

1. acbarros

acbarros Member

I already have an Empress Superdelay, and my question is simple: should
    I get an Eventide Modfactor for modulation or sell the SD and get a M9?
    Anyone can help me? Thanks!

2. BadMelonFarmer

BadMelonFarmer Member

Hi acbarros,

It is entirely up to you and only you can decide what is best for you.

IMO the Eventide sounds better for a single effect, BUT I am not a chorus or phase guy I like Trem, vibrato, rotary and undulator on the modfactor... I am not saying the other effects are not good.... I just am not a chorus guy.

that said the M9/M13 pack a lot of effects into a small package so if you are more experimental and want to try lots of effects stacked then the M9/M13 is the way to go as they offer a LOT more flexibility.

The M9 can have 3 effects at the same time and they can be ANY of the effects that it can do, so you could have chorus + Delay + Reverb, you could have Chorus + Chorus + Chorus or Reverb + Reverb + filter.... the choice is yours.

On a ModFactor you can have a Chorus OR a phaser OR a Tremolo but not a combination.

I have an M13 and a Modfactor, very different beasts, both great units just depends how you want to use them.

Cheers

BMF

3. acbarros

acbarros Member

Thank you for the tips!

I´ve asked this because I don´t use modulation very much and probably I´ll never use 2 of them at same time. So I´m interested about the quality of the mod effects in M9 and Modfactor. If the difference in quality is negligible I go with M9 in the loop of my amp (I use other boxes for distortion).

Cheers!

4. BadMelonFarmer

BadMelonFarmer Member

The Eventide mods are better quality in comparison. IMHO

YMMV

5. aporcelainsky

aporcelainsky Member

I'd love to resurrect this thread as I'm in a similar position.

I'm curious how the m9 stacks up against the superdelay and how the loop function stacks up against an rc-2. I'm also curious how the reverb is on the m9 and if it would give my spring chicken or rrr a run for their money.

Would love to get some feedback!

6. acbarros

acbarros Member

In fact I never got an answer here or in other foruns, but don't care anymore...Now I'm an AXE-FX owner!
    :D :dude

7. iaresee

iaresee Member

Pre-AxeFx I ran a Superdelay+ModFactor. As long as you don't need two modulation effects from the ModFactor it's a rather swell setup. I also had an empress tremolo so that plus the MF covered all my two-at-once modulation needs. Can't say how the M9 sounds, but the SD+MF combination sound awesome.

I kept the SD. Love that pedal.