Modified Matamp C7

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by tfire, Jul 15, 2005.

1. tfire

tfire Member

Thought you might like to see my modified Matamp C7 - with the reverb removed and a six-position voice switch added. It's made the C7 more versatile. For those that don't know, the voice switch is the same as used on big Matamps, and it progressively reduces bass and gain. Juggling this switch, the tone controls, and the attack knob gives a lot of different sounds. Good for adjusting between humbuckers and single coils. You can really dial in just the sound you need - obviously with the basic C7 character retained as the foundation of the fine tuning.

Here's the front panel.

[​IMG]

I also got a second 1x12. The original cabinet has a Celestion Alnico Blue, and the new cab has a Celestion G12H. I can use them separately or together, of course. I like the sound of two different speaker types together.

[​IMG]

Sounds absolutely fantastic, and it now brings a glass of beer up to a more convenient height!

2. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

Thats an awesome looking set-up, did the fellas at matamp do the custom Vox appointments for ya? Bet it sounds just killer, I've always been 2 steps away from ordering a 1224.

-TJK

3. tfire

tfire Member

Yes, all the work was done by Matamp. You can see it being built here. What's holding you back from the 1224?

4. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

Living in Canada and hearing it is hard to get a custom order done 100% proper overseas. Like the right footswitch functions and custom tolex stuff and all that (I too wanted a Vox motif, but with fawn instead of the red:) ) Thats about the only thing though.

-TJK

5. tfire

tfire Member

Have you tried calling/e-mailing the Matamp factory direct? It doesn't sound like your requirements would be hard for them to satisfy.

6. Cokeman

Cokeman Member

I think we need to hear that thing.

7. tfire

tfire Member

I need to figure out how to create MP3s and find somewhere to put them. I'll be back...

8. trisonic

trisonic Member

Wayne Eagles had a connection with Matamp. Ask him.

Best, Pete.

9. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Just saw this - cheers, Pete.

Email though link below or wayne.eagles at rogers.com

10. Cokeman

Cokeman Member

11. morgan

morgan Guest

man, those c7 valve clips sound incredible. So lush...it almost sounds though like there's fuzz in there at times, light, but present. It sounds really cool.

12. tfire

tfire Member

Someone has beaten me to it, and done a nice job of a variety of sounds. Go to http://www.matamp.co.nz/c7soundclips.htm