• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Mogami 2319 to skinny for pancake plugs?

kev1n

So i got some mogami 2319 and pancake plugs, but it looks like its to skinny? What can i use to beef up the cable around the pug? (Heat shrink? Insulation? ect) Thanks

RockStarNick

Gold Supporting Member
Heat shrink. That's what I did, worked perfectly. Added just enough to the circumference of the cable to make the plugs grip it.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
I used heatshrink over the cable so that the plug could grip, then another piece over the plug and cable to act as a strain relief (bigger size obviously).

nrandall85

When I do skinny cable I use about 1/2" of heat shrink under where the cable will get clamped, with an additional 1" piece over that for strain relief and "good looks."

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
What plugs are you using? I use GLS pancake plugs, and the fit is quite snug. If unsure, mount the cable to the plug and screw down the plug cover. You will see the cable retention realy clamps it down enough to pinch the cable and leaving a mark.

Trending Topics