Got a RMA, sent it in and was tested and got a call that they didn't/couldn't
reproduce any problems. Going to test again after discussing my rig which
is very high gain.

In the meanwhile using a Planet Waves didn't cause the issue and after
my phone call with Mogami went and bought the same exact cable last night,
No Feedback At All.

Understand that they have a return policy within retailers and should've done
that but sent it to them instead. Why turn off a customer over one cable, one
that is faulty as well in my rig. This is a poor business decision on their part.

The cable I have now is going to be returned and everyone I know will be told
Mogami doesn't hold up their end of the warranty. If they do send the one back
to me that one is binned in the garbage can.

Have another 18' Mogami as my main instrument cable and it's going to the next
person that comes to my home. Will never buy Mogami as long as I live.

For some reason, this just really pisses me off.

GT100

I had one of the orignal Platinums go intermittent on me.
Called them up - mailed it to them in the USA from Canada.
A few weeks later I had the newer and improved version of the Platinum arrive to my home.
No issues at all for me.

Lloyd

elron hoover

If you're using Mogami Gold (2524), you can save an asston of money by soldering your own and buying in bulk. Platinum is the only one you can't get in bulk. This has nothing to do with your issue, and you'll never buy Mogami again, but I feel the need to post this.

hadley101

Silver Supporting Member
I had one of the orignal Platinums go intermittent on me.
Called them up - mailed it to them in the USA from Canada.
A few weeks later I had the newer and improved version of the Platinum arrive to my home.
No issues at all for me.

So Mogami actually does replace product when it's truly defective, based on another couple
of Mogami posts here @ TGP it seems they don't really want to most of the time.

My anger stems from :

1. What Elron stated, paid quite an exuberant price for a 1.5 foot cable

2. It fails in my rig, that's all that matters to me. After buying another exact same
1.5 foot Mogami cable and it performs perfectly, set me off.

Most likely give them a call this week and discuss a bit further about at least
rectifying the situation.

Don't really want to be forced into returning the dud with the new packaging
for refund, this is principle to me at this point.

Have looked into making my own, will most likely do what you said Elron, just make
my own. Seems the cables have a certain kind of coating on the conductor wire that throws
people off when they use the bulk cable.

Seems to be all kinds of information about this and Mogami.

Since calming down a bit, will just never give them the kind of money
that I did for a 1.5 foot cable.

Floyd Eye

Why didn't you just take it to any GC where they would have immediately exchanged it for a new one?

hadley101

Silver Supporting Member
Bought both my Mogami cables from Sweetwater, didn't find out that any Mogami dealer will
exchange them as long as they have the cables in stock until two nights ago. That's when
I went to GC and bought the 1.5 cable. Thought they had to go back to Sweetwater, might
as well go all the way to the source Mogami.

When the first cable comes back from Mogami it will be exchanged for the one now and get my
money back for it.

bluesky636

Bought both my Mogami cables from Sweetwater, didn't find out that any Mogami dealer will
exchange them as long as they have the cables in stock until two nights ago.

Did you bother to read the warranty?

If you have trouble with your cable you can either:
1) Go to a participating Mogami dealer for an exchange. If they have the cable in stock, this should be a quick and simple process. Please be sure to verify stock with your dealer to ensure product availability.

bricel24

Silver Supporting Member
Sorry to hear you had to go through hell with their customer service. I have a few Mogami Silvers and one died, and as expected I went in to a local GC and after them testing I was given a new one just like that.

lifeinsong

Mogami makes great cables and has excellent customer service as well. Pretty sure you could have just returned your cable to the retailer you bought it from and they'll exchange it for a new one no questions asked. Next time check the warranty before going on a forum to bash them.

bluesky636

Mogami makes great cables and has excellent customer service as well. Pretty sure you could have just returned your cable to the retailer you bought it from and they'll exchange it for a new one no questions asked. Next time check the warranty before going on a forum to bash them.

That's exactly what the warranty says to do as I posted above. Returning to the dealer is always the first action to take unless buying direct or is specifically advised against. Read the warranty.

hadley101

Silver Supporting Member
The whole point of my post was to find out whether or not I was mistaken
about Mogami,

For you guys saying to read the warranty, you didn't read my posts through
either. Thought it had to go back to place of original purchase, it was a mistake
on my part when reading through the web page. No longer had the packaging
material to go on.

I was mistaken about Mogami. Lesson learned, don't use the computer to
post when extremely upset.

No one is addressing the fact that it went back to Mogami HQ though, I find that
interesting. Why didn't this fantastic customer service apply there as well?

bluesky636

The whole point of my post was to find out whether or not I was mistaken
about Mogami,

For you guys saying to read the warranty, you didn't read my posts through either. Thought it had to go back to place of original purchase, it was a mistake
on my part when reading through the web page. No longer had the packaging material to go on.

I was mistaken about Mogami. Lesson learned, don't use the computer to post when extremely upset.

No one is addressing the fact that it went back to Mogami HQ though, I find that interesting. Why didn't this fantastic customer service apply there as well?

I have read and re-read all of your posts in this thread. I have no idea what you are complaining about. I don't see where Mogami did anythng wrong.

My story begins with a Gold instrument 1.5 Right Angle cable feeding back, Got a RMA, sent it in and was tested and got a call that they didn't/couldn't reproduce any problems. Going to test again after discussing my rig which is very high gain.

So what happened?

In the meanwhile using a Planet Waves didn't cause the issue and after my phone call with Mogami went and bought the same exact cable last night, No Feedback At All.

So you bought the same type cable that failed? Feedback to what? Your first call?

Understand that they have a return policy within retailers and should've done that but sent it to them instead. Why turn off a customer over one cable, one that is faulty as well in my rig. This is a poor business decision on their part.

To what business decision are you referring to?

The cable I have now is going to be returned and everyone I know will be told Mogami doesn't hold up their end of the warranty. If they do send the one back to me that one is binned in the garbage can.

In what way did they not hold up the warranty? They couldn't duplicate the problem. What happened next? Sounds like sour grapes on your part.

Have another 18' Mogami as my main instrument cable and it's going to the next
person that comes to my home. Will never buy Mogami as long as I live.

Your choice. Just sound pissy to me.

For some reason, this just really pisses me off.

Obviously.

2. It fails in my rig, that's all that matters to me. After buying another exact same 1.5 foot Mogami cable and it performs perfectly, set me off.

You bought a bad cable then got a good one and that pisses you off? Seriously?

Most likely give them a call this week and discuss a bit further about at least rectifying the situation.

And?

Don't really want to be forced into returning the dud with the new packaging for refund, this is principle to me at this point.

No one forced you to do anything? Principle?

When the first cable comes back from Mogami it will be exchanged for the one now and get my money back for it.

There you go. Problem solved.

hadley101

Silver Supporting Member
At least I know now you read my posts instead of just
a cursory glance and spewing venom just for the hell of it.

I've read through some of your 15 pages of posts here at TGP,
it seems like you have a wealth of knowledge of share but prefer
to be the pissy one yourself.

People like you give TGP it's bad reputation, well earned.

You must be a real treat to live with or have as a family
member aren't you. I've known people like you, lonely
and bitter.

Last edited:

bluesky636

At least I know now you read my posts instead of just a cursory glance and spewing venom just for the hell of it.

Which one of my posts were venomous?

I've read through some of your 15 pages of posts here at TGP, it seems like you have a wealth of knowledge of share but prefer to be the pissy one yourself.

You must have a lot of free time on your hands.

People like you give TGP it's bad reputation, well earned.

No, I think its more like people like you who have nothing better to do than come here and whine about some perceived slight.

You must be a real treat to live with or have as a family member aren't you. I've known people like you, lonely and bitter.

Funny, but in none of my previous posts did I personally insult you. Sorry to disappoint you, but you know absolutely nothing about me.

Hope you enjoy your new cables.

Blues Lyne

I don't get what made you mad. All you say is that they couldn't reproduce the problem. Are they refusing to replace it?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom