mojave coyote flexibility...dumble tones?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mentoneman, Aug 19, 2005.

1. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

i am constatly shocked by how much mileage i get from this little amp.

2 el-84s makes it not as burly as the bigger amps in the mojave line, but tons of attitude and character nonetheless!

i just added some new clips to my signature website link; one clean peacemaker and 5 coyote clips, putting it through it's paces.

take a listen and tell me what the coyote sounds more like:

fender, vox, marshall or dumble.

2. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

sxounds kickass to me!:dude

3. cancelthesound

cancelthesound Member

Are you using a wet/dry set-up on those clips? I like the peacemaker clean clip you posted.

4. reachjkh

reachjkh Member

Wow, I know that I've been leaning heavily toward staying with el84s when I buy my new amp, but those clips sewed it up tight.

My amp sounds terrible. I need to cut it down to a head and carry it for backup only!

5. Jaimoe

Jaimoe Member

Could not agree more with you about the Coyote.

That little amp always shocks me. Pushed with a Klon through an old 4x12, it's tone is as good as some of my best vintage Marshalls.

So, I listened to your clips and enjoyed them.

Tell me a bit about the one with the Tonebone Classic. What cab are you using, was the amp set clean, and was the distortion coming from the Tonebone? If so, how was it set?

:dude

6. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

As usual you rock brother. I love the Coyote and the PM. Pretty much some of the best there is in the respective classes. I don't see how anyone could not be happy with anything that has the name Mojave on the front from my experience. Keep putting out the killer clips bro.;)

7. tedwoods

tedwoods Member

Killer amp! Killer playing! Nice match...!

Ted

8. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

wet/dry it is.

for the PM clean clip, i go straight into the head--no pedals. i have one mic on the dry 4x12 cab's vintage 30, and the line out from the amp feeds a replex into my coyote/gh30 cab setup for wet sounds.

9. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

the cab is a widebody closed back 1x12 hughes and kettner loaded with a gh30.
    amp set clean---grind is all tonebone classic with a barber tone press hitting it in the face.:dude

10. scottl

scottl Member

Very sweet tones Pat! Great playing too. Thanks for posting.

11. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

glad you dig ze sounds:)

12. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

Fslice!

are you now officially mojave-less?

say it aint so bro bro!

what floats your boat at present?

13. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

yo scott!

the licks are pretty pedestrian compared to a chop maven like yourself, but i am pretty happy with the way the recorded tones came across, considering my simple setup.

shure 57 and 58, straight into roland vs880 with a little internal verb, digital out to mac G5 garage band for fade/level editing. export to itunes for mp3 conversion.

14. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

I know I can't believe it either. Two PM's and two Coyote's and now I'm currently without any Mojave amps. Still have 3 Mojave 4x12 cabs though. I'm sure another head will be setting atop at least one of them in the near future. At the momment my Divided by 13 FTR37, SJT 10/20, Suhr CAA OD100SH, Straub Cantus and Cornford Hurricane have me feeling very content. I'm kinda jonesing for a Dumblesque and early Voxish thang to add to the line up. Probably go with another D13 for the Vox vibe and thinking real hard on a Fuchs ODS50 for the Dumble end. But who knows. One things for sure those killer clips you keep producing keep reminding me how much I love those Mojave's! You rock bro. Keep up the killer jams.:cool: