mojave Peacemaker sounds

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mentoneman, Apr 23, 2005.

1. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

2. daveS

daveS lefty dude on hiatus Gold Supporting Member

Between the San Andreas and Calaveras Faults
    Great stuff Man ! ! :dude

3. SQUAREHEAD

SQUAREHEAD Supporting Member

Very nice, Pat!!!
    Very nice!:)

Keith

4. Shemp

Shemp Member

Nice playing, great tone. The drummer is a monster!

5. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

i'm really proud of my son. still rough around the edges, but he's only just turning 15 monday.

wait till we record "outta love" from VH II....maybe there is a subconcious reason i named my son "alex":cool:

6. gizmo

gizmo Guest

Outta Love Again is one of my top 3 VH tunes. Can't wait to hear it!

7. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

hEY Pat, that's cool , BE PROUD.. I went to 1 of my old drummer's annual musician bashes last summer. He had 4 sons.. ALL 4 played drums.. Between 13-18 years old.. They had another family over (3 boys .. 14-18, played drums, bass, and guitar) ... All of these kids played Dregs-like fusion, Tribal Tech-like etc, and all my friends, who we're all barband (or semi-pro guys) were all blown away!!! They had a niche as teenage fusion guys, but weren't cocky or anything.. It was very cool to see

Also , I was a soundman for a few teen-bands in the past. 1 was similar to Ben-Folds-Five or Jimmy Eats World style music and as good as either!! I really tried to encourage them. The other is a Psch Furs-meets The Cure band , who's still going strong locally and regionally . I love it when kids are that driven! My 12 year old son has picked up his instruments as quick as anyone at the school acc. to their music instructor, but doesn't follow thru as of this date. He loves playing and loves music but doesn't have any ambition. .As for baseball he lives/breathes that and thinks he's Roger Clemons Jr, but here in Vt , baseball isn't a 7 day/week year -round thing!!!! Your way it'd be a bit better... Anyway, I can't wait for the day that I have a band with my kids (have enough kids but spread out ages) as a few friends do and that'll be a blast. P.S. The Peacemaker sounds KILLER in those clips.. My bands have played "Beautiful Girls " for years now, and I use way too much distortion.. I liked hearing that tidbit full and ballsy like that
    ERIC

8. Ironman

Ironman Member

That's really cool jamming with your son. Sounds great!

BTW, love the tones you're getting! I see you're using a Valvetronix too. Great little amp! I've got the 30 watt baby that goes with me on business trips out of town. I'm in Cleveland currently awaiting some possible snow tomorrow, looks like the Valvetronix will be getting a good workout. Hey, what amp model do you like on the Valvetronix for soloing? I'm partial to the Soldano model. Thanks!

Steve

9. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Great stuff. Sounds like a whole lotta fun!

10. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

we tried a spin at it today but my son's head wasn't in the game...had a prom at disneyland to go to!

kids....

OWN!:cool:

11. DestroyAllGuitars

DestroyAllGuitars Member

That's awesome, and I know the feeling. My son turns 15
    on the 27th of this month. When I'm in the studio, he's my
    assistant engineer when his school schedule permits. He's
    also a fairly good drummer and guitarist. I couldn't be prouder.
    Keep that relationship going strong. Thats the best way to
    raise a young adult. Make him your partner and best friend.
    There is no better feeling in the world when your son or
    daughter is your hero.

Good for you. The world needs more of what you are doing.

12. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

the first time i really *jammed* with my son was just so very cool!
    you will surely love rockin with your little ones!

and i still have yet to really record the peacemaker's full glory, as i'm hearing it in the room, but i agree....it is very BURLY nonetheless!
    pickups and speakers are insanely important with this amp, and 75's don't cut it! v30s are better, and gh30s are ideal.

once i replace my 75s in my uberkab with gh30s, look out.:dude

13. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

aloha steve-

i'm using the 80s marshall model, with the tube box model, and verb/delay, miced with a 58 on the edge of the cone to smooth out the fizzies.
    the soldano and boogie sounds are way too buzzy to my ears.

i'll also use the dumble models and bassman models---that's about it.
    i just bought the vc-12 footcontroller and have been using the amp live alot...small and simple!

guitar is a maple neck MIM fat strat with holmes 450 hummer and two kinman avn 59s in neck and middle.

14. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

you know how fun the mojave thing can be, don't you?:D

btw, my friend bought the very last available aiken tomcat head, in red, and is bringing it to church for me to use live tomorrow night.

i'll a/b switch it with my coyote for loads of fun!:D

15. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

i have taught him loads of stuff about live sound as well, and he runs the board for his school's assemblies and worship services, as well as drums and plays guitar for the worship team.

i took him to the soul sirkus concert thursday and he really dug seeing neal schon and virgil denati. we sang journey songs all the way home!

(....did i say that out loud??:D )

16. gizmo

gizmo Guest

17. Ironman

Ironman Member

Excellent!! You're exposing him to some great music!...look forward to hearing more father/son jams in the future!
    :dude -Steve

18. JWR

JWR Member

"we sang journey songs all the way home!"

Dude, you're scaring me

19. JWR

JWR Member

BTW, I enjoyed the PM clips. I am having a great time with my Peacemaker. You are right, there really is a combination of input and output that optimizes the PM voicing. I use a Franken/Floyd strat with a Screamin' Demon, into the PM, Hotplate, and Marshall 4x12 with G12H30. I'm still sad, because I don't need any more gear now. I'll have to find another hobby.

20. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

i'm sorta unfamiliar with this vs880 i'm recording with. everything sounds sorta *digi* and one dimensional through it so far. nothing like hearing the glowing peacemaker in the same room breathing fire in yo' face!

i will try a different mic combination and a tube pre soon, to try and record more of the 3-D depth of the amp.