Mojave Peacemaker video clip...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by SgtThump, Feb 13, 2008.

1. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

I posted this over at Rig-Talk and the Plexi Palace board, so I may as well post it here too! I just figured out that my digital camera can record 30-40 seconds of digital video/audio, so I messed around with it last night. No, the quality isn't great, but you can still tell that this amp rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PNJaXqBFco

Chris

2. jimo

jimo Supporting Member

Chris, thanks for the cool clip (nice tone and playing). Vic makes great amps.

3. yZe

yZe Senior Member

Tampa, on the Territory of Florida (D.C. Free Zone
    Yeah Baby !!

Don't get any realer !!

Scorp / PM owners unite !!

Good God , where where the T/B volumes and PD levels?

Cab used ?

This amp surely justifies your screenname

4. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Hey, thanks guys!!!! Believe it or not, but I had the volume under control! I mean, it wasn't quiet, so don't get me wrong. But it was well under normal stage volumes for me.

The treble volume on the Peacemaker was cranked, the power dampening was cranked (bypassed), and the THD HotPlate was set to -16db with the knob all the way up and bass boost engaged.

Like I said, that's too loud of a setting if a baby is sleeping in the next room, but it's not stage volumes either. I know it sounds like the amp was about to explode! I love that tone...

Chris

5. daddyo

daddyo Guest

Great clip. Love your guitar.

6. zuel69

zuel69 Supporting Member

Sounded great, I miss that amp!

7. hasserl

hasserl Member

Nice clip! Audio quality from a digital camera is compromised, but you can still tell the amp sounds great and responds well to your touch.

I posted clips not long ago that were just the audio portion of vid's that were taken with a digital camera and I pretty much got flamed from a couple of old curmudgeons that hang out around here. Even though I clearly stated that I knew the audio quality was compromised. Oh well, nice job, if the old farts complain about it don't listen to 'em. They need their diapers changed and are just grumpy about everything in general.

8. Vibrator

Vibrator Active Member

Wow...LP through the PM sounds great!

9. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Thanks! Yeah, unfortunately, those type of guys exist everywhere online (not so much in real life.) The quality is bigtime compromised on my clip, but the cool thing is that it still sounds good to me! Just imagine how good it sounds in the room or how good it would sound on a pro studio recording. Hell yeah!

10. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

This video clip was recorded with EH 6CA7s in the power section, but just last night, I put new JJ E34Ls in it and to me, it sounds better. A little less "ice pick" highs. Not muffled (like JJ preamp tubes), but just a nice tone.

11. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

12. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

I thought that one sounded great Chris!
    For years I tend to play Floyd strats or Ibanez-types with HB's in the bridge and single coils in the other 2 positions as that way I get such a variety of tones. Anyway, cool clip

Eric

13. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Hey, thanks man! My ideal setup is a single coil in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge. I could live with that combo for the rest of my life. I rarely use a neck humbucker or any other strat position. They're cool to have, but I just never go to them.

This K-Line rocks, by the way. The best sounding strat style guitar I've ever heard. :)

Chris

14. ericb

Cool, I've never even heard of a K-line Strat, but will have to check it out!

Eric

15. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Eric!!! You've never heard of K-Line? Man, they were all the rage here on TGP... It's a dude (that posts on here) here in St. Louis that puts together partsocasters from the finest parts, then paints and relic's them. At least, that's all how I understand it.

Anyway, I've heard of them for a while and saw a new one sitting there at a local music store (Fazios to be exact.) I wasn't in there to buy anything, but this guitar was the nicest looking (I love relic jobs and this one is NICE), playing, and sounding strat style guitar I've ever come across.

I had a few bucks sat aside for non-gear related things, but I had to snag it. I'm very glad I did. Well worth it... Now I have a strat that I actually like. I've been through a few Fenders and could never hang onto one. They just didn't do anything for me.

16. ericb

Awesome , I just had finished doing some web searches and they all led back to here! LOL... I can honestly say I have a major amp and fx addiction but I'm not addicted to guitars.. I have lots of guitars ,but haven 't looked at new ones for years.. I'll definitely keep my eyes open.. That tone you have on this is just perfect..

Eric

17. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Thanks again, man. This amp pretty much has the "perfect" old school Marshall tone. I haven't used it live yet, but that's coming up next weekend and I can't wait! It's passing every other test with flying colors, so I assume it will do well in that setting too. I sure as heck hope so.

I'm pretty set on guitars for now, with the exception of my Gibson SG Classic. It's a great guitar, but I never pick it up to play it. I'm very into my K-Line Strat, Fender Tele, and the two Les Pauls. The SG always just sits there... Thinking about offering that up for trade. I'd really like to get a relic'ed K-Line tele and there have been a few for sale recently, but I'd rather trade my SG Classic + a few bucks for one.

[​IMG]

18. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

Hey Christ, if that's my old #29 then no wonder it sounds so good. I've owned a couple PM's and played at least 3 others and while all where amazing #29 was always my favorite. It just had an open, airy, presents about it that very few amps I've ever played could match. The ONLY reason I sold that amp was due to it's shear volume. I see it has had the power dampening added to it since I owned it. Glad to see it's still rocking as hard as ever. I often wish I still owned that amp. The PM is definitely the king of plexi's and #29 very well may be the king of Peacemakers! :)

19. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Wow dude, that is a great thing to hear when you get a new amp! I've never heard any other Peacemakers in person, so I haven't compared this #29 with any others. But man, it's nice to hear you did and this one was your favorite! Awesome!!!

The previous owner had this amp sent back to Vic to have the power dampening installed. While Vic had it, he heard something that made him add a capacitor at a point in the circuit to cut down on noise or something. Not exactly sure, but there is a big yellow cap in there near the fuses that I've not seen on gut shots of other Peacemakers.

Was the line out added as part of this or did these early Peacemakers already come with that?

Chris

20. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

No line out on it when I had it either. Hmmm... interesting to hear Vic added a cap in there. I never had any issues what so ever with that amp other than the usual ghost notes assossiated with any cranked plexi style amp. Never come through on recordings or through the mix live. And that amp NEVER had a problem coming throug the mix live! :eek: :dude