Mojaves anyone??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Teleman, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Teleman

Teleman Supporting Member

I had a chance to play through a Mojaave Coyote today and I really liked it. It got me to take a look at the Mojave website and listen to some sounds clips of some of their other amps.
    I'd like to get wome feedbackfrom some Mojave owners.
    Thanks

2. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

All the Mojave's are exceptional amplifiers. The Mojave Peacemaker is still one of the most amazing plexi style amps I've ever heard or played. The Coyote sounds huge for it's relative wattage and volume level. Both great amps. If volume were never an issue I would still have my Peacemakers. A couple of the toughest sales I ever had to bring myself to do. Victor just had a super sale that ended on Xmas eve. Too bad you didn't check them out before then. Any way, to sum them up; build quality is top notch, tone is virtually unmatched in their respective arenas and in my experience Mojave's customer service is excellent.

3. mcdyas

mcdyas Member

+1 the Peacemaker comments above. It has a rich harmonic/transparent content, I haven't been able to make it sound muddy yet.

4. gooma

gooma Member

I`ve got a Scorpion 50 watter here :)

I`m seriously considering pulling the trigger on a Coyote as well. The scorpion sounds sooo nice with a hotplate too, it`s allmost as if they were made for each other!! The PD mod is a very cool feature too and can take the power section down to 1 watt or less without any loss of tone.
    The scorpion begs to be played at volume but it is such a nice sounding amp, very versatile too for a single channel amp. It can do vintage Plexi sounds very nicely and can do an amazing Van Halen tone as well. It responds to your guitars volume control very well. It does nail those tones on the Mojave website.

IMO you couldnt go wrong with any of the Mojave lineup, for this style of amp they are every hard to top.

Brad

5. jkr

jkr Supporting Member

Mojave stuff is amazing. I've played every amp in the line and each is great. I think the Peacemaker does the best Brown Sound I've ever heard and it loves hotplates! That's a great combination. I played a coyote combo recently and thought it completely rocked. It's amazing how the Mojaves handle a hotplate like it was made for the amp.

6. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

Peacemaker/Coyote owner here!

i just got done jamming with my drummer son using the 'maker with two tubes pulled making it a 50 watter. i use a hotplate and the power dampening for total volume control, and it's still a roaring MONSTER but totally dialable level wise.

i use pedals in front and it is very close to VH tone, which is a core tone i've sought for 2 decades. i think the 'maker is happiest set as a rock and roll amp, although it will get very nice and clean too when set that way.

the coyote is my main gigging amp, and although not as deep nor as brown and growly as big brother 'maker, it has a very solid mojave voice, and to me seems more flexible from clean to dirty in a more eric johnson way, with more mids which seems to make leads very full sounding for this little 12 watter.

7. Crunchyriff

Crunchyriff Member

The beauty of the Scorpion is that you get the grunt of a 100watter in a 50watt pkg.

I like all Vic's amps, but my personal favorite is Vic's Mojave Plexi45. Simply gorgeous tones, & many different flavors of them; all in one simple glorious channel. I could cut a whole album with that amp alone and be a very happy man.

8. michael patrick

michael patrick Supporting Member

I'm a Plexi 45 owner. I love this amp!

[​IMG]

9. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

[​IMG]

new unchained clip in my link. yes it does do way more than VH brown sounds, but i'm addicted to what it does better than anything else!

so much fun!

10. Crunchyriff

Crunchyriff Member

Hi Michael! Still digging the Plexi45 eh? You should- those things are just marvelous! What glass are you using in there?

11. Riscchip

Riscchip Member

I have a Scorpion that I'm really digging. Pretty much any plexi Marshall tone you want in a box.

12. kevo

kevo Member

love that unchained tone mentoneman!
    it sounds a little looser in the bottom end which is a good to me.

i should be getting my peacemaker in a couple weeks

13. bjm007

bjm007 Member

Former Peacemaker and Scorpion owner here... Loved 'em both. Loved my real Marshalls and Germino's a little more however.... :D

14. michael patrick

michael patrick Supporting Member

I settled on blackplate RCA 6L6s. I tried a bunch of different KT-66s (including a pair of GECs) as well as different 6L6s, but I just preferred the sound of the RCAs. I have no idea what preamp tubes are in there right now, I change them around way to often to keep track...