Mojo BV-30H speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Pentode, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Pentode

Pentode Supporting Member

Has anyone tried the Mojo BV-30H? I would greatly appreciate any general comments about these speakers as well as how they compare to:

1. Mojo BV-25M
    2. Celestion G12H and Heritage G12H
    3. Celestion Greenback and Heritage Greenback
    4. Eminence Wizard and Private Jack
    5. Weber Blue dog (ceramic)

Thanks!

2. Pentode

Pentode Supporting Member

Anyone??? Any thoughts on these speakers are appreciated!

3. Peppy

Peppy Member

blues54 on here has done so with the other Mojotone and the G12H30 Anniversary through his Swart amps....try and pm him.

4. blues54

blues54 Member

1 I have the Mojo BV-30H in my new Swart Space Tone reverb Tweed. It is much warmer sounding than I expected and it sounds terrific in that little bit bigger cab for the Space Tone Reverb. Even though it is 30 watts it reminds me of an old Greenback but with a much cooler low end growl that the Greenbacks don't have , they have a tendnency to break up a little earlier (probably because they are lower rated wattage).

2 I had the Mojo BV-25 M in my Swart AST. I liked the sound of it but I found when I ran 6L6's pushed hard with a pedal I got a speaker breakup howl that I just didn't care for. The opportunity came along to get a Celestion G12-H and I put it in the AST. I like it much better. It is also the speaker that Michael is putting in the AST Pro. I like the sound of the BV-30H better than the 25. I would bet that a Blues Jr, Deluxe Reverb, or even a Princeton Reverb, (with a modified baffle board of course) would sound better than the Jensen's or Eminence that they come with, with the Mojo BV-25M

I havent played any of the other speakers you mentioned. For more wattage I always like a Vintage 30.

5. Peppy

Peppy Member

Not quite. The Anniversary model of yours goes to 75 hz and the Brit-built in my PRO goes to 55z...a touch more bottom end, of which I hear the difference.

6. redshark1105

redshark1105 Member

I would like to hear more about this speakers..Has anybody try them in a 4x12?

7. redshark1105

redshark1105 Member

Nobody has tried this speakers in a 4x12?

8. redshark1105

redshark1105 Member

I'm surprised no comments on these speakers....