Mojo Hand FX Sacred Cow the newest Klone on the market with video(s)

niassist

Garage Rock Star
Silver Supporting Member
Received. #20. Pedal sounds great when it's on but when the its bypassed it DESTROYS my signal. Dull and muddy with the Sacred Cow in line... vibrant and full of life when I take it out of the chain. Am I mising something here?
Email them and let them know. I had the same problem. I had #19...... sounds like it might be an issue with one other the components. Brad did you see this?

Last edited:

niassist

Garage Rock Star
Silver Supporting Member
Isnt it true bypass?
Yeah. But if it's the board connecting the switch or the switch itself that's going to effect the bypass. That's just my guess from what's going on with mine. It won't take the Mojo guys long to get it figured out. Sounds great when it's engaged.

StormJH1

I ordered mine on the 18th. They emailed me today that it had shipped, but the shipping information was for someone in Virginia (I am in Minnesota). I assume it was just a cross-up, but I emailed to make sure they were aware. I wasn't in any huge hurry and expected there to be a delay based on the holiday and the notice indicating it would be 7-10 days to allow for building time.

Glad to hear others are enjoying theirs though. Thought about picking up a DMBL at various times this weekend when the Amazon price dropped, but it looks to be back to full price now.

niassist

Garage Rock Star
Silver Supporting Member
I ordered mine on the 18th. They emailed me today that it had shipped, but the shipping information was for someone in Virginia (I am in Minnesota). I assume it was just a cross-up, but I emailed to make sure they were aware. I wasn't in any huge hurry and expected there to be a delay based on the holiday and the notice indicating it would be 7-10 days to allow for building time.

Glad to hear others are enjoying theirs though. Thought about picking up a DMBL at various times this weekend when the Amazon price dropped, but it looks to be back to full price now.
The DMBL has been on my board for years now. My favorite all time light to mild OD pedal. I love it on my clean channel. Sound amazing.

JerEvil

Vendor
Ordered mine on the 18th, but still shows as "processing" on my Mojo Hand account page. At least my red AC15 arrives today...

JJO

Platinum Supporting Member

You may have got my duplicate info by mistake, although perhaps there's more than one VA customer who ordered on the 18th...

I am a little concerned about the bypass issue. Someone posted a video recently, and in that case, at least, it's quite noticeable even on laptop speakers. I though maybe it was simply the lack of a buffer compared to standard klones, but perhaps it's more than that.

Last edited:
You may have got my duplicate info by mistake, although perhaps there's more than one VA customer who ordered on the 18th...

I am a little concerned about the bypass issue. Someone posted a video and in that case, at least, it's quite noticeable even on laptop speakers. I though maybe it was simply the lack of a buffer compared to standard klones, but perhaps it's more than that.

Like I mentioned before. Its not a subtle thing at all. It is very noticeable. I've tried it with a myriad of configurations and cant get away from it. Even if it's the only pedal between the guitar and amp with the shortest cables possible it is very apparent. It's a total bummer. The pedal sounds phenomenal... as long as it's engaged.

Clifton82

Crap - I might have to return mine - or I might even ask if they will cancel my order before they ship.

JJO

Like I mentioned before. Its not a subtle thing at all. It is very noticeable. I've tried it with a myriad of configurations and cant get away from it. Even if it's the only pedal between the guitar and amp with the shortest cables possible it is very apparent. It's a total bummer. The pedal sounds phenomenal... as long as it's engaged.

That's a shame... I'll have to see what happens when mine arrives. I wonder if it's an issue with a particular batch or with the whole design.

BluesHarp

This is what can happen when you rush a builder who then fantastically tried to make everyone happy and not fully test or tune a product to insure top quality. I feel sorry for him. I just recently lost my grandma and I told my customers, "sorry, its going to take as long as it takes.. family comes first, bills next" Thing is, it takes as long as it takes to do good work and some of these builders under estimate how much time it can take to produce a consistent and well made product and have ready for shipment.

JJO

I'm not comfortable making any assumptions about how or why the issue arose (or even what the issue is, considering I don't even have the pedal yet), so I don't want to go down that road. Given the high quality of other Mojo Hand products, I'm still pretty confident that if there's an issue--with particular pedals or the whole run--it will be taken care of.

Last edited:

niassist

Garage Rock Star
Silver Supporting Member
The true bypass has an issue. If you measure the kOhms going in and the kOhms coming out there is a significant drop. That's what I would assume us causing the high end roll off and volume cut. In my instance the kOhms coming off my bridge pickup was 26.1 coming off the pedal in bypass mode it was only 16.1. Obviously a drop of 10kOhms. That's significant. I've talked to Mojo Hand and have already sent my pedal back. Brad is aware and is figuring out the problem. It won't take long for them to rectify the issue. As a few of you have heard, engaged the pedal sounds incredible. Once the bypass issue is resolved the pedal will be amazing. Maybe it was just a bad run of switches. Just a minor hitch. The last couple of weeks at the Mojo shop has been tough as stated in earlier posts by Brad. He'll take care of us.

Reactions: JJO

Clifton82

I also just spoke to Brad at Mojohand. He said he won't ship mine until they figure out the issue with the bypass signal.

And he wanted me to tell all of y'all that HE WILL make it right on each pedal already sold. He is an upstanding dude that's had a rough couple of weeks. I feel for him.

niassist

Garage Rock Star
Silver Supporting Member
Yep, I've been talking with Brad since early this morning on the issue. It's being worked on as we're typing. Like I said just a minor hitch. The problem will be fixed. He told me he found one at the shop with the same problem so they already can get working on it. Rough couple weeks for the guys at the shop. I'm sure this isn't how he wanted to start this week, but now that it's been discovered it'll be fixed. Great company and even better service!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom