Mojo Vibe and Godlyke Power-All

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Wheeler004, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Wheeler004

Wheeler004 Member

In the directions for the Mojo Vibe, it says to use the Godlyke Power-All at your own risk. I was wondering if anyone out there has used a Mojo Vibe with a daisy chain power supply.

2. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

I am guessing the reason they say that is due to the current output of the power-all. It can output 1700mA, where-as most power supplies are around 200-400mA. The extra power means that if there is a short, the power-all will just continue to supply power and could burn up components in the pedal....

3. NB_Terry

NB_Terry Member

Ive used a One Spot to power my pedals for years with no problems at all.

4. Wheeler004

Wheeler004 Member

Do you have a Mojo Vibe?

5. emeka

emeka Member

Hello-
    I've used a one-spot with my mojovibe for about 5 years now with no problems. Reading these boards makes one a bit nervous, sometimes, though... I'll get a PP2+ when I can afford it.

6. NB_Terry

NB_Terry Member

Yes.

7. WorkingClassDan

WorkingClassDan Member

I've used my Mojo Vibe with a Powerall with no ill effects (apologies fro punnage).

8. ktp_blues

ktp_blues Member

Not sure on the diffferences between the Godlyke and 1spot maybe the current but I've used my old mojo for my 1spot for a year with no problems.

9. Wheeler004

Wheeler004 Member

OK, thanks guys. The manual just had me a little worried about the Power-All (and it said it would void the warrantee). I think I will try to get an isolated power supply, but until then, it sounds like I won't have any trouble daisy chaining it.

10. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

I think the one-spot and power-all both are 1700mA current supplies. The risk you run is if there is a fault these type of power supplies will continue to supply current for at least 1700mA until they finally fold back. That means you can burn up pedals, but this is only in the case of a failure in the pedal.