1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mojo Vibe: Vintage or Modern mode?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by CALI68, Feb 17, 2009.

1. CALI68

CALI68 Member

Which mode do all you Mojo Vibe users like and why?

Thanks!

-Chris

2. coolhand78

coolhand78 Supporting Member

I've just changed over from vintage to modern to try it out for a bit...

It significantly alters the tone! Seems to let a lot more high end thru, really brightens it up but i'm not sure if i prefer it or not... I'm gonna give it a go for a bit and see how it works, and how it plays with my other pedals...

3. Wheeler004

Wheeler004 Member

I like the vintage mode. It has a bit more analog growl. The modern mode sounds a bit too high fidelity in my opinion.

4. CALI68

CALI68 Member

What does that little trimmer in there do?

-Chris

5. coolhand78

i think it affects the bulb, which in turns alters the way the pedal works...
    but i cant say exactly i'm sure someone will be able to chime in on the specifics...

6. zygoat

zygoat Supporting Member

Yeah, I recently tried switching mine to "modern" and while the effect was much more pronounced, too much high end for me.... to bright. I used it for about 2 weeks then switched it back to vintage mode.

7. zerorez

zerorez Supporting Member

8. drolling

drolling Member

Yeah, Bob stuck that in for players who complained the effect was too 'dark' - but that's the way it's supposed to sound.

I've got an UltraVibe that's permanently stuck in vintage mode; with a strat & a Marshall or Fender amp, it's plenty bright enough!

9. ktp_blues

ktp_blues Member

Vintage. Like others said, Modern is too bright, especially with my setup. I wish I still had mine :(

10. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

This exact thread came through here just a few weeks ago (not complaining, I never mind recurrent threads, but just to let you know you can search and see more answers to this as well)...

and as I said then, BOTH. I tend to leave it set wherever it is, play...for days, weeks, months, etc. and then (maybe after adding a pedal in the signal chain, or with another amp, guitar, or just...for fun) if I grow tired of the vibe a little, or just in the mood, open it up and change over to the other.

Invariably I immidiately think "NOW we're talking....Excellent!" and get a big grin on my face and leave it set to the "other" for days, weeks, months...

I guess that means no preference. Might be that I like vintage just a scosh more than modern, but both have their uses...if only to feel like I just got a new vibe to try out :banana

11. coolhand78

put mine back to vintage last nite... MUCH MUCH better the modern setting is just too bright for my tastes...

12. iggs

iggs Member

I had mine vintage first, switched it to modern, now it's back to vintage ... not that I think one is better then the other, just kinda felt like going back and forth ... ask me again in a week.