Mojo Vibe: Vintage or Modern mode?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by CALI68, Feb 17, 2009.

1. CALI68

CALI68 Supporting Member

Which mode do all you Mojo Vibe users like and why?

Thanks!

-Chris

2. coolhand78

coolhand78 Member

I've just changed over from vintage to modern to try it out for a bit...

It significantly alters the tone! Seems to let a lot more high end thru, really brightens it up but i'm not sure if i prefer it or not... I'm gonna give it a go for a bit and see how it works, and how it plays with my other pedals...

3. Wheeler004

Wheeler004 Member

I like the vintage mode. It has a bit more analog growl. The modern mode sounds a bit too high fidelity in my opinion.

4. CALI68

CALI68 Supporting Member

What does that little trimmer in there do?

-Chris

5. coolhand78

coolhand78 Member

i think it affects the bulb, which in turns alters the way the pedal works...
    but i cant say exactly i'm sure someone will be able to chime in on the specifics...

6. zygoat

zygoat Member

Yeah, I recently tried switching mine to "modern" and while the effect was much more pronounced, too much high end for me.... to bright. I used it for about 2 weeks then switched it back to vintage mode.

7. zerorez

zerorez Member

8. drolling

drolling Member

Yeah, Bob stuck that in for players who complained the effect was too 'dark' - but that's the way it's supposed to sound.

I've got an UltraVibe that's permanently stuck in vintage mode; with a strat & a Marshall or Fender amp, it's plenty bright enough!

9. ktp_blues

ktp_blues Member

Vintage. Like others said, Modern is too bright, especially with my setup. I wish I still had mine :(

10. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

This exact thread came through here just a few weeks ago (not complaining, I never mind recurrent threads, but just to let you know you can search and see more answers to this as well)...

and as I said then, BOTH. I tend to leave it set wherever it is, play...for days, weeks, months, etc. and then (maybe after adding a pedal in the signal chain, or with another amp, guitar, or just...for fun) if I grow tired of the vibe a little, or just in the mood, open it up and change over to the other.

Invariably I immidiately think "NOW we're talking....Excellent!" and get a big grin on my face and leave it set to the "other" for days, weeks, months...

I guess that means no preference. Might be that I like vintage just a scosh more than modern, but both have their uses...if only to feel like I just got a new vibe to try out :banana

11. coolhand78

coolhand78 Member

put mine back to vintage last nite... MUCH MUCH better the modern setting is just too bright for my tastes...

12. iggs

iggs Member

I had mine vintage first, switched it to modern, now it's back to vintage ... not that I think one is better then the other, just kinda felt like going back and forth ... ask me again in a week.