MojoHand Superlative pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dognmoon, Mar 30, 2015.

1. dognmoon

dognmoon Supporting Member

I know Brad isn't the first guy around here to whip up a supro-style offering, but I'm such a fan of him and his company. The stuff sounds so great and he's a dude with integrity. Any time he rolls out something new, I add it to my list of must-haves.

I put together a little homage to Brad and the gang for this pedal that I'm using on the road for the next year.

http://www.thetonechef.com/mojohand-fx-superlative-demo-video-2/

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  2. Jet Age Eric

Jet Age Eric Member

Man, that sounds good! -E

3. voojo

voojo Gold Supporting Member

Any new reports on the Superlative? I'm quite interested in this pedal!

FYI the link in the original post doesn't work, returns a server error.

Here are some videos I've found:

4. dognmoon

Hi Seth,
    That bottom (second) video is the one from my site. I'm not sure why that server error is happening but I appreciate the heads up. I just fixed it.

-c

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  5. voojo

voojo Gold Supporting Member

Thank you for the video! Funny enough after watching your video I also want a Magistrate pedal. I'm addicted to Mojo Hand's stuff.

6. SigurWes

SigurWes Member

Their pedals are fine, usually, but man these guys\this guy is such a dick on facebook, etc. to the point where I'm no longer buying their products.

7. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

interesting, because i've never seen anything that suggests this

8. SigurWes

SigurWes Member

That's an example. They do things like that here and there. I get it, you get bugged by people for free pedals. I'm sure ever maker does, but Mojo is the only one that ever complains, publicly, about it. They come off like whiners, it's off putting.

Again, cool pedals. I love my Iron Bell, but it's 99% my last Mojohand pedal ever.

9. SigurWes

SigurWes Member

10. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

they're far from the only company to post that picture, and honestly i think it's hysterical. If this is the worst thing they've ever done i'd say they're far from whiners... but YMMV

11. b_rad

b_rad Member

I'm really sorry if I've offended you, SigurWes. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not great at pedal politics. As far as I can remember, this the first time I've ever been called a whiner, but I am all too human. I'm sure my Facebook posts reflect that sometimes. Again, I'm sorry to offend. I'm glad to hear that you like your Iron Bell, though.

12. SigurWes

SigurWes Member

No offense taken, really. It's just off putting.

If Target came out and said We're raising all our prices, everyone's been getting a bargain this whole time, so go ahead and suck it.... well, i'd have a problem with that too.

Want to raise prices? Go ahead, the market will probably handle it - just don't pretend like you're doing people a favor.

13. vintage saddles

vintage saddles Supporting Member

I read that FB post more as an explanation of the price hike rather than an invitation to suck it.

14. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

I don't see that as whiny, and I don't own any of their pedals. I'm as cynical as they come, and that seems mostly sincere.

Cruciform likes this.
  15. NakedInTheRain

NakedInTheRain Member

i agree on all counts.

16. dognmoon

I'm another who'll vouch for Brad. He's a good dude with a heart for players, whether they're his customers or not.

17. Kluch

Kluch Member

Didn't know this was another supro offering... regardless, I think it sounds great. And I always love your demos Corey. good stuff. Haven't had a ton of exposure to brad or mojo hand but I sure love my iron bell... its killer

18. Astronaut FX

Astronaut FX Member

Not sure if it's appropriate to post in this thread, but I'm interested in picking up a pedal that does the "Supro" thing. Anyone have experience with the Superlative as compared to some of the others available (ex. Superbolt)?

19. shinksma

shinksma Member

I took a look at the FB postings that were not someone's favorite. Eh, I dunno, I completely see the humor and the message it is trying to convey, and don't find them whiny at all. Oh well, I'm probably overly-sensitive to other things that don't bother others in the slightest.

So this Superlative pedal thing, I see what it is doing, but I don't think I would ever have a use for it, unless I was trying to nail a cover of a particular song that had that "tone" and wasn't able to get there with whatever dirt/boosts I had available. But kudos to Mojo Hand FX (and many of the other small builders) who build what they want, not what they think what we think we want. (Wut?)

evanjackson likes this.
  20. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

I'd have to second (or third) that man.....THAT wasn't whiny in the least. Like, at all.

$20 isn't something someone who's able to fork over $160-$180 for an OD pedal is going to go ape over......you've gotta pay to play. Most of Wampler's stuff is $199+.....and I think it's well worth it too man!

Love my Rook Royale, and really dug my Villa Nova while I had it!

I pretty much know that if I plug into a MHfX pedal, that I'm going to get a QUALITY sound...even if it's not a sound that I WANT, it's a quality tone no doubt.

Thanks Brad for the sweet pedals and cool art! I like my pedals to be as sturdy and attractive as they are sonically sound!