1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mojotone Bluesbreaker 2x12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by saurudi, Jun 6, 2006.

1. saurudi

saurudi Member

Hi,

does anyone own this cab and tell me their impression !
    since it´s a closed back one and made of baltic birch how does it compare for example with a solid pine open back cab ?
    is there really some difference in terms of resonance and tone between them ?

thanks,

mario

2. saurudi

saurudi Member

can´t believe nobody has that cab ?:(
    common guys need a little bit information about it:AOK

3. sdgvintage

sdgvintage Member

I built a 2x12 18w in that cab. It sounded great, but the thing was huge.
    I had no idea it was such a big cab.
    I think pretty much all the marshall stuff is made with the baltic birch.

4. groove machine

groove machine Member

I've had one for about a year now. Best 2x12 cab I've ever played or owned. Quality of materials and construction are top notch. Although, as sdgvintage said, it is huge. Almost as big as a 4x12. Mine has the 3 piece split back panel so that I can use it as an open or closed back. It's an option that I highly recommend if you get one and it doesn't cost that much more.

5. LavaMan

LavaMan Gold Supporting Member

I do not own that cab in particular, but Mojo Musical Supply made a custom closed back cab (Fender Bassman type) 2x12 and matched it to my my Fuchs TDS 50. It is loaded with BVH30 speakers - Mojo's version of the the Celestion G12H30. Great cab! I even got a tour of thier facility when I picked it up! Great company and great products.

6. mignano

mignano Supporting Member

I've got one, its excellent. It is an oversized cab, but its actually very very light. I've had Marshall, Avatar, and Dr. Z 2x12's and this is lighter than all of them, easily.

Yeah, get the three piece back so you can expiriment. I usually use mine with the middle panel open, and it has a very soft, airy acoustic feel to it. great cabinet.

7. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

I just recieved my Blues Breaker 2X12 cab last week. It's closed back with a greenback + G12H30. I ordered it through the Vintage Sound and it arrived in two weeks. Steve at Vintage gets his cabs through Mojo I believe...but the price was great.

It's big...very big. The tone is also very big.Bigger bass, clearer mids and a bigger feel than my 10 year old Top Hat 2X12. I love it. It was a great addition to my rig and matches my Aiken Sabre (purple) perfectly.

It still fits in my Honda's trunk, though!:AOK

8. HeeBGB

HeeBGB Member

I also own one! Excellent quality! Top Notch product.

Here's a pic

[​IMG]

9. mojoslide

mojoslide Member

Mojo cabs are very nice. Good attention to detail and solid construction...Here's a pic of my BB style 2x12 cab. I added handles, casters, and the Marshall logo.

[​IMG]

10. guitarman_1

guitarman_1 Silver Supporting Member

I have one. The BB style. Its loaded with a Scumbagsa12-75h and Red Fang. Its a killer clean to mean cab. Light too for the size. I would not hesitate to buy another.
    [​IMG]

11. saurudi

saurudi Member

guys, are you sure it´s almost that big like a 4x12 ?
    i mean i´ve got myself an ENGL 4x12 that weights about 110 lbs:eek:
    how much does it actually wieght and how does it compare for example to the bogner oversized 2x12 ?

thanks,

mario

12. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

I'd say, with speakers, my BB weighs approx. 60 lbs. I measured the cab next to a Marshall 4x12. The BB was an inch wider (odd) and about 8-10" shorter. Huge thump for a 2X12...huge.

13. mojoslide

mojoslide Member

That's about how I measured up mine. It is I believe slightly smaller than the Bogner OS 2x12...but it has more of a vintage tone and feel.