Mojotone British Style 18 watt “TMB”

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Was it hard to build? I can solder and assemble my own guitars, would love to try building an amp! Sounds awesome!

AdamCook

Was it hard to build? I can solder and assemble my own guitars, would love to try building an amp! Sounds awesome!
Thanks!

I would say that "hard" is subjective based on your background and experience with soldering and electronics.

I had never built an amp before, but I do have an EE degree so I know my way around electronics, a soldering iron, and a multimeter. I didn't want to start with a super simple Champ kit because I knew it wouldn't get much use when I completed it, so I decided to jump to this kit instead.

I found it to be just the right amount of challenge for my skill level. I made a couple mistakes but I was able to identify and fix them without pulling my hair (what's left of it) out.

I do like that the amp comes with a great step by step manual. It had a couple minor typos but nothing too major. If you're like me and you're more into British style amps than old Fenders, I say go for it.

batsbrew

i like the sound of that amp.
it has the marshall sonics, but feels more like a fender bassman or something, over the stream audio..

love the gritty rhythm sound

great demo tune!

AdamCook

i like the sound of that amp.
it has the marshall sonics, but feels more like a fender bassman or something, over the stream audio..

love the gritty rhythm sound

great demo tune!
Thanks! The Marshall TMB tone stack is derived directly from the Bassman so they definitely have a shared lineage. Maybe I’ll build one of those next!

Trending Topics