Mojotone Cabinet Lead Times

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by GAD, Feb 29, 2012.

1. GAD

GAD Wubbalubbadubdub Silver Supporting Member

Does Mojotone usually take a month to ship a cabinet? I know their site says, "Please be aware that cabinet orders are never more than 30 days", but it also says "Average cabinet lead time last month was 12 days", which I'm now taking to be BS since it's been up there for two months and tomorrow it will be 30 days since I placed my order.

I called them, and they didn't seem terribly concerned, and said my cab should go out this week.

I've had great luck with Mojotone in the past, but this just irritates me. I expected two weeks based on their site. Internet sites like Amazon have ruined me when it comes to getting stuff quickly. I feel like it's the 70s and I'm waiting 6-8 weeks for my mail order special edition hot-wheels car...

2. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Disrespected Elder

Well the site did say "Average cabinet lead time".

They likely do a certain number minimum run together when they can.

I like their cabinets a lot.

3. gldtp99

gldtp99 Member

"Pending Fulfillment"--- is what i read on Mojo's site about my cab order----- it's been five weeks since i ordered.
    I called a few weeks ago and they said that the projected completion date of my cabs was 2/22/2012. i've heard nothing since i called.
    So you're not the only one waiting---i like their cabs, too--- that's why i ordered from them...........................gldtp99

4. bal704

bal704 Supporting Member

I think Mojo just bought Lopo Line cabs. Maybe they're transitioning the building over to Lopo, and there are some delays?

Either way, I'm sure you'll love your cab.

5. GAD

Oh, I like their cabs too. I have a 2x12 Bassman cab that's outstanding - that's why I went with them.

Having to wait without any communication or up front warning irritates me. It's 2012 - how hard is it to put an actual lead time on a website?

6. grizdeluxe

grizdeluxe Member

I hate it when a business does this. How hard is it to answer an email or pick up the phone?

7. ledzep618

ledzep618 Supporting Member

Yeah I have a 2x12 on order. The website says 2-3 weeks, I'm going on 5 weeks. But they do have pretty good customer service, I've always gotten a prompt email response, they told me my cab should be done on March 2nd.

8. GAD

Just wanted to update that someone from Mojotone saw this thread, and I got an email and a voice mail expressing apologies for the long wait.

Their customer service is great, and I'll be back to them in the future, I'm sure. I did tell them that a simple "Expect 4-6 weeks lead time on cabinets" would go a long way.

I also told them that based on my previous experiences, the cabinet will be so damn good that I'll be happy in the end. It's worth waiting for good stuff.

9. smolder

smolder Gold Supporting Member

I had them build a twin last month. Three weeks in the shop plus the time to get it to me. I'm very spoiled by things like amazon prime and immediate shipping... I just had to be patient. Honestly... I think head cabs are ridiculously expensive, but at the same time I have no idea how cabinet makers make any money when there is tolex involved.

10. gldtp99

gldtp99 Member

My order has shipped--- i received emails today w/tracking #----- life is good !!!!............................gldtp99

11. sfarnell

sfarnell Gold Supporting Member

I just bought a custom 1X15 and it took 32 days. It was well worth the wait.

12. bigb69

bigb69 Member

I buy Mojo Cabinets all the time and 30 days is not out of the ordinary
    especially during the busiest times during the year. After all they make
    some of the best cabinets and it is tax return time and everyione is
    spending theirs at the same time.

13. GAD

That's a good point. I heard that they make around 1000 cabs a month. That's 30 or so a day. That's a lot of cabs, not to mention a lot of GREAT cabs.

14. Lespaulsignature 74

Lespaulsignature 74 Silver Supporting Member

I've been ordering from Mojotone for years and I've always received great customer service. I have three of their Mojo Complete extension cabs, love the quality, size and portability of these cabs!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  15. GAD

GAH!

So I got word that my cab shipped today, but because it's Friday, it won't get here until Tuesday, and I won't be able to get to it until Friday.

I can't catch a break. God, I hate to wait...

16. scalefreak

scalefreak Guest

You are doing better than me. I have been trying to get a qoute on custom work since the end of December. I just want to pay so I can have it done. My project is complete, but waiting on a house to live in. I am about a day from finding another shop.

17. rburkard

rburkard Gold Supporting Member

I received several cabs from Mojo over the years and always waited 3-4 weeks.