Sold Mojotone Premium Historic PAF Set

DCH

Silver Supporting Member
It's no secret that Mojotone is making some excellent boutique-grade pickups these days, but this limited edition Mojotone Premium Historic PAF Set is likely the best vintage-style humbucker they've ever offered. Note that this is not their '59 Clone, which is also very good, but is in fact a limited release PAF humbucker for which they went to the greatest lengths possible to re-create authentic vintage components and tone, and definitely got there, in my opinion. (Full product specs, and the story behind the effort, in the link below).

I believe these have sold out - or are unavailable due to shut-downs - because they are no longer available on the Reverb page from which they were selling them.

This is an early pair with open double-white bobbins, from before DiMarzio claimed their trademark on that look and Mojotone started putting raw-nickel covers on them. I did have a set of Throbak nickel covers on them myself for a while, but am selling them un-covered. We can negotiate for the Throbak covers if you want them (they were $150 new!), or Mojotone sells very good and more affordable covers also.

As it is, though, they look great in double-white anyway!

Sonically, these compare very well to the Ron Ellis LRPs and Monty's PAFs I've had in Les Pauls in the past - they lean very much toward that "clear, articulate, well-defined, yet rich and luscious" tone that you get from those types of vintage-wind PAFs.

They will ship in the original Lifton Case-style box that they came in, with enough lead length for their respective positions in a Les Paul or similar guitar. I sold the Les Paul they were in, and would love to keep them otherwise but I just don't have a guitar to put them in, and it seems a waste to leave them in the parts drawer indefinitely.

Asking $195 for the pair, uncovered, shipped and PP'd. Let me know if you'd like to discuss purchasing the Throbak covers. Not really looking for trades, thanks, although I'd take a Scumback H55 65W/16 ohm speaker (black frame) toward it plus cash (or possibly a 30-watter).

https://www.mojotone.com/Marketplace/Premium-Historic-PAF-Set

index.php

index.php

index.php

Last edited:

DCH

Silver Supporting Member
Yep, still here, and PM replied to also (sorry, your query came a little late at night - or early in the morning - for me to see it).

Trending Topics

Top Bottom