Mojovibe placement

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rkymtnhi, Feb 22, 2006.

1. rkymtnhi

rkymtnhi Member

A lot of the pedals on my pedal board are supposed to be placed at the front of the signal chain. The fuzz factory is currently in the front, but the route 66 has an internal buffer that designed to go up front, and wahs are "supposed" to go before distortion though mine currently sits after my overdrive boxes. I'm adding a mojovibe thanks to this board, and I had read that it sounds best when put at the front of the signal chain. Where do your univibe clones sit in your signal chain?

2. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

3. drolling

drolling Member

I have a Sweetsound Ultravibe, and place it before OD/distortion pedals but after wah & fuzz. Signal chain; guitar>wah (w/foxrox booster)>fuzz>vibe>OD>delay>amp. Works for me!

4. DK207

DK207 Member

I have mine near the end of the chain before my chorus and delay. Goes as follows:

CompRossor>Wah>OD>Mojo Vibe>Chorus>delay

5. rkymtnhi

rkymtnhi Member

OK--lots of options here.... I'll have to tear apart the pedal board and move stuff all over the place to try different combinations. Time to get experimental again!

6. LSchefman

LSchefman Supporting Member

Yeah, experimenting is a good idea. I found that I liked setting up my chain in the order I'd like things stacked if everything was on at once; that way when more than one thing was on at a time, the rig would still sound good.

So my order was:

Germanium fuzz, vintage style wah, buffer box, vibe, tremelo, chorus, delay.

Most stuff on my board is in sections into a true bypass 4 loop switchbox, so various pieces of gear can be switched in and out together, such as for rhythms and solos, etc.

7. randy morser

randy morser Member

hmmm. so far no consensus. i'll keep watching.

8. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

I like my Kr Musical Megavibe after my Od's. I don't know, there is just something about the fat chewy effect an Od brings out when pushing the Megavibe.

9. Bob Sweet

Bob Sweet Member

This thread goes right along with what I tell people. It depends on what sound you're going for and also how you setup your amps (just like many other effects). When I use more than one fuzz/distortion or overdrive I usually try and find a way to put it between them someway that will get the best of both worlds. There are no set rules, it really depends on what you're after. Like others have said, experimentation is the only way to know what's good for you. Have fun!

10. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Just an added point though...remember that your "lead channel" (boost channel, hi-gain channel...whatever you amp manufacturer calls it) counts as an OD also!

I used to forget that...but in lots of cases where there is more than one "accepted" way to set up...before or after OD, keep in mind your amps dirty channel is also one, so if you use that actively you can pick and choose.

11. drolling

drolling Member

Excellent point, SBB! And when I say "vibe before OD" I mean, of course, that the OD's always on when the vibe is. I'm going after a Hendrix/Trower vibe sound, and those guys always have their Marshalls on 'ELEVEN'. I use various blackface Fenders and rely on pedals to simulate powertube distortion..

12. rkymtnhi

rkymtnhi Member

Man, I can't wait for that vibe to get here.... I'm excited to see how it sounds. I bought it without being able to play one, so I'm hoping that it's got the sound I'm looking for. Considering that I like textural, spacey, very obviously effect derived sounds the mojovibe will most likely find its home after the distortion boxes and the wah, before the delay.

My current rig is guitar into Vexter fuzz factory--Visual Sound route 66--Keeley modded blues driver--Mesa Boogie v-twin--Vox wah--Ernie Ball volume pedal--Line 6 echo park--Guyatone micro noise eliminator--Fender Reverb tank. The amps are Orange AD30HTC and DRRI running EL84s.

13. Fireball XL5

Fireball XL5 Supporting Member

I typically have two different vibe placement setups that I use depending upon my ears for that particular day :p

1. Wah > compressor > vibe > overdrive > booster > amp

2. Wah > compressor > overdrive > vibe > booster > amp

I usually find that vibe setup #1 usually gets me closest to the Hendix/Trower sound with my rig.

14. drolling

drolling Member

Total pedal junkie here- love mixing up compressors w/boosters, EQs and overdrives. Usually have at least one analog delay going as well, but the ONLY modulation (outside of some warbly stuff from the delays) I EVER use is a Sweetsound vibe. There's an infinite variety of choruses & flangers & phasers out there, but NOTHING can touch the thick, chewy, random organic goodness of a univibe..just my opinion, of course..:AOK

15. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

Wah > overdrive > Octavia > vibe > booster > Delay > amp