• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Mono Vertigo Semi-Hollow case - anybody got one?

caspersvapors

Silver Supporting Member
How does this case do with normal, solid body guitars like a strat or tele? Is it still secure and snug enough in there?

rwijaya

i would imagined that it would be a tad wider on the body. although each case has a secure slot for the neck so the guitar wont move as much imo. I personally haven't tried the semihollow case yet, i have their regular single electric guitar case - M80

rmconner80

Cantankerous Luddite
Gold Supporting Member
I have the Vertigo single and the M80 dual. I had been planning to get the semi-hollow but no longer want it.

The reason is that when I put a Gibson into either of the bags I do have and zip it up, there is not enough room for the head stock angle. In fact the back of the bag even puts pressure forward on the back of the headstock, enough that you can reach in there and pluck the string between the tuner / nut and zip it up and hear the pitch go down appreciably. This freaks me out. If there is already pressure there due to lack of room... no way I'm going to subject it to the torsional stresses of slinging it over my shoulder, laying it in the car seat, walking around potentially bumping into stuff, etc.

So I wouldn't recommend it for a 335.

It sucks because I bought these bags hoping to be able to finally have a reasonable gig bag solution for a Gibson guitar. No such luck.

Over all they do keep Fender guitars well protected but not Gibson, due to this critical flaw. I only use them for hauling teles.

The other beef I have: the material on the neck support pad of my Vertigo has discolored the nitro on the back of both my Tele necks, exactly in the shape of the curved pad. Two strikes. I'm planning to send a photo to Mono at some point, just haven't gotten around to it. Sucks.

Scaster99

Silver Supporting Member
I own the semi hollow vertigo bag. It works great for both my R9 and my CS 335. neither of my guitars headstocks rest against the back of the bag. Actually there is a good amount of room for the headstock to float. I have used the standard electric vertigo bag and I didn't like it because its smaller all around and it seems like a tight fit. The Semi hollow bag is the best one IMO. I just got back from a fly date and actually had to gate check my R9 in my Vertigo and it arrived fine without a scratch.

How does this case do with normal, solid body guitars like a strat or tele? Is it still secure and snug enough in there?
Strats, Les Pauls and 335's all fit in the semi hollow Veritigo. So if only getting one it will work. There is lot of space on the sides of the non-335's but it doesn't seem to shift around too much in there.

If you are only using it for Strats and Teles, the regular Vertigo is much nicer fit/less bulky. But as mentioned above, Les Paul head stocks press up against the back wall. There's more room in the semi hollow version so there's no pressure on the headstock on Gibsons.

Last edited:

morgan918

Any more thoughts on this? I'm thinking of getting one for my 335. I have the regular Vertigo for my strat and love it.

soopajeanmi

I can confirm that the vertigo semi-hollow doesn't have enough clearance for the head of my gibson 335 63 50th anniversary (17°head angle).

C-4

I'm sorry, but I don't care what any gig bag manufacturer tells me, no way would I put a Gibson into any gig bag. If Murphy's Law is going to appear, this is just the perfect reason for it to appear. ymmv :)

kslam

I have both the Vertigo for solidbodies and the Vertigo for semi-hollows. If I'm just taking one guitar, I'll often use the semi-hollow case even if I'm carrying a solid body. The reason? The Vertigo for semi-hollows has the hidden top pocket that the original standard M80 has, while the solidbody Vertigo does not. My Vertigo for semis also has the back pocket, though I think the newer ones don't.

Last edited:
I too can confirm that the vertigo semi-hollow doesn't have enough clearance for the head of my epiphone sheraton, which also has the tilted headstock. I was lucky that my bag only fell once (with the guitar inside) and it landed front down. if it had landed back down, i'm 100% sure the head/neck would break.

hunter

Silver Supporting Member
Reunion Blues RBX for 335. Headstock does not touch. Decent bag. Not quite a Contego but I take my 335 out in it.

fjrabon

The trick for 335s with mono bags is to get the acoustic bag.

I have the dual electric/acoustic M80 and my 335 fits perfectly in the acoustic side. It also will hold my Les Paul on the acoustic side perfectly snugly (when I want to bring a LP and tele to a gig) due to the neck lock system.

Trending Topics