MONOPRICE 15 WATT COMBO

harvey j

First let me say this is a Laney Cub 12, This may have been covered before. $219.a better made, better sounding, better tubes, Than the blues jr and classic 30. adjustable bias and hum pots, tad preamp tubes, el84s made in china that sound great and no tube rattle with full base. very strong reverb that is laughable when you see it. The pre amp is Marshall voiced, i change my tone stack to a Fender, personal taste. It has a 1-watt input jack and a normal jack. The amp sounds amazing right out of the box. The pc board is night and day better quality than Fender and Peavey, very easy to mod. 26 lbs The Schematic of the cub 12 matches this board exactly. effects loop, ext speaker jack, Celestion 70/ eighty 12-inch speaker. Agreat amp for little money.

tmac

Goldmember
Platinum Supporting Member
I agree these are very good for the $. A friend got one for $199 I think about 6 mo ago. He brought it over and I thought it sounded very good, and can cover most gigs I think. He has a 66 Princeton Reverb with an EV12L in it that is his main amp, but he has used the Monoprice a couple times for gigs. It's way different sounding than a PR.

harvey j

I agree these are very good for the $. A friend got one for $199 I think about 6 mo ago. He brought it over and I thought it sounded very good, and can cover most gigs I think. He has a 66 Princeton Reverb with an EV12L in it that is his main amp, but he has used the Monoprice a couple times for gigs. It's way different sounding than a PR.
It would be different because it has a Marshall tone stack.

tmac

Goldmember
Platinum Supporting Member
It would be different because it has a Marshall tone stack.
yeah, amongst other things. Different circuit altogether; drive and master volume arrangement; tubes, etc.... More brash/snotty sounding for sure. More distortion available at lower volume. Not bad though for sure.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom