• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Monsterpiece Scratchy Snatch

Stoei

I put together this demo for the fuzz pedal I currently have on my pedal board. It´s really versatile and cleans up like a dream. For me it covers the ground of Muff fuzzes to Fuzz faces.

TeeVee

I've had a 3 headed monster (MkII>AD2000>NPN) since 2008, and it's been a mainstay on my board despite buying numerous fuzzes since then.

Really great workmanship and above all, great sound.

Great demo of the SS, terrific sound quality, and definitely on my radar now.

Monsterpiece STUD is awesome too by the way (got that one last year).

Stoei

After getting the SS I kind of want to get them all. Would love to check out the STUD as well. Wonder how it compares to my other overdrive based on the same pedal... Which one do you prefer on the 3 headed monster, the MkII, AD2000 or the NPN?

TeeVee

^ I like the NPN and MkII equally, and while the AD2000 is great, those 2 are more the sound I'm going for.

From my experience, the NPN is one of the best silicon fuzz face style circuits out there, with plenty of gain on tap and tweakability.

Same goes for the MkII (which is essentially a Mk1.5). This one doesn't seem to be offered anymore in its previous incarnation, at least how mine was made, with vol, bias and fuzz knobs. But I'm sure Richard would accommodate virtually any requirements.

The MkII goes into blissfull oscillation when pushed by a booster or compressor with a bit of reverb or delay behind it. It really has to be heard to be believed.

So yeah, reading up on the SS, it appears it's very versatile, with elements of the NPN and Muff goodness.

TeeVee

Click on my facebook link below in my sig and play the song "T-Shirts Fade" from 1:39.

This solo showcases the MkII, and the oscillation/feedback I mentioned above. There is a bend I hold/release over about 18 seconds where the sustain almost subsides, but then the oscillation/feedback takes hold and blooms.

Very much a happy accident that occurred in the studio, haha.

From memory, chain is Strat > Mad Professor FGC (sustain mode) > Monsterpiece MkII > Ulbrick 12AXE OD > El Capistan > AnalogMan modded Small Stone > JCM 800.

From 2:07 on "Dusty Ride" is where you'll here the NPN at work.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom