Monte Allums Rat or Keeley?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jonlarsen002, Feb 23, 2009.

1. jonlarsen002

jonlarsen002 Member

Anyone tried this mod out? Any comparisons with the Keeley? I have a stock Rat 2 that I am trying to decide what to do with.

2. jonlarsen002

jonlarsen002 Member

3. GloryJones

GloryJones Member

i like the keeley mod. the toggle switch they put in is pretty cool. it definitely opens the pedal up..makes it more versatile. i can't speak for the other mod

4. jonlarsen002

jonlarsen002 Member

5. imguitardan

imguitardan Member

I think the Keeley is the most common. I have one. It's pretty good. I've never heard the Allums one. I'd like to check it out. I'm having my other Rat modded to M'ODish spec by a fellow TGP member but customized to my spec. I haven't gotten it back yet.

6. vintage66

vintage66 Member

I've thought about sending my Rat 2 to Keeley but I like it so much stock, I'm afraid of losing the original sound. I have played with a newer version Keeley Rat 2 and it sounded really good though, but he no longer mods the new ones. Does he do Vintage reissue Rats also? That might be an option for me. Haven't heard the Monte Allums in person.