Mooer/Donner Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rock15478, Apr 21, 2016.

1. rock15478

rock15478 Member

Late to the party but I've recently been picking up some Mooer and Donner pedals for both my main board and also a practice board that I'm thinking about building. The bang for buck is just great.

The Mooer yellow comp seems to get crazy good reviews. Does anyone know if the blue Donner compressor pedal is based on this or is it a completely different compressor?

(It is not letting me put the Amazon link in here but if you search for "Donner Compressor Pedal Ultimate Comp" you will see it).

I can't really find any info on this at all. I know several Donner pedals are the exact same circuit as some of the more expensive Mooer units. Has anyone ever made a comprehensive list that shows what Donner pedals are specifically the same circuit as the parent Mooer pedals?

I will buy the Mooer yellow comp if that's the only way to get that sound but if Donner makes an equivalent, I'm willing to take a gamble on it first. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  2. johnkoz

johnkoz Supporting Member

just got a nux mod core; $38 shipped, prime.

nice, rich, multi effect!

3. Muzik4Machines

Muzik4Machines Member

4. dean owens

dean owens Member

My guess is the Donner comp is an earlier Mooer comp that many think was a clone of the Boss CS-1. Here's the dhgate add for it. I don't think it got great reviews. Might be why you can't find it on the Mooer site anymore. Too bad they didn't do a CS-2 clone.

If you want the Yellow Comp, I think you might have to get the Yellow Comp. I think there's been speculation that the Fender Comp is the Yellow Comp. There might be others... idk.

HTH