• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Mooer ElecLady Versus Hartman Flanger

Stratm69

I don't care about the costs, I just want to know how well the ElecLady stacks up against the Hartman Flanger, including the originals they're cloned after.

R.C.Moran

Gold Supporting Member
I don't have personal experience with these, but Gilmourish.com gave both favorable reviews. Comparing what I have heard from them, I think the Hartman sounds just a bit better but a bit more subtle. Personally, if I were just looking for a Mistress type sound I'd grab the ElecLady (or a Neo Mistress), but I tried a DEM and just never meshed with it, and eventually decided Mistress sounds weren't for me. A/DA on the other hand...

JMP99

I was keen on these Mooer pedals until I found out they are Chinese and can be had for much cheaper under other names.

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
Had both at the same time. The Hartman always seemed to have a slight to moderate volume boost that I could not seem to dial out with the trimmers inside. It was also more chorusy than the ElecLady.

The ElecLady had the slightest volume drop and was more whooshy than chorusy. Certainly both would be in the same ballpark.

Squigglefunk

indeed. i just got the donner "jet convolution" for 36 bux shipped... sounds/look identical to the mooer

jay42

I have a 3rd version 18V EM and I bought the Mooer because it was so cheap, why not? I believe it's more like the 9V version of the EM. I use it happily. It's definitely close enough.

thewordking

I had both. Money wasn't an issue. Neither was size. I kept the ElecLady. It just did the DEM sound exactly–I also had an actual DEM at the time. So the Elec Lady stayed and the other two went. All are great pedals and you can't go wrong with either of the two you mentioned, but I just liked the warmth of the ElecLady a little more. Put a Muff before it and it was THE sound. At least to my ears.

flyonthewall150

Silver Supporting Member
I don't understand why if Mooer can release a pretty faithful clone of the original non-deluxe Electric Mistress, EHX can't? It's one of their all-time classic pedals, yet they only offer a really mediocre digital version of it that sounds nothing like the original at all.

Jacob Van Noy

Has anyone tried their Eleclady at 12v? I really like mine and I saw someone talking about the Eleclady at 12v.

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
I don't understand why if Mooer can release a pretty faithful clone of the original non-deluxe Electric Mistress, EHX can't? It's one of their all-time classic pedals, yet they only offer a really mediocre digital version of it that sounds nothing like the original at all.
Everyone says the Eleclady is a clone of the non-Deluxe EM, but I thought it sounded more like a DEM. I actually had the Hartman, the Eleclady, and a DEM all at the same time. The Eleclady sounded somewhere in between the two leaning closer to the DEM (more whooshy than chorusy, if you will). Again, all three are in that same ballpark and will get you that kinda sound. I was perfectly happy with a Muff in front of the Eleclady (or the other two, really).

I ended up keeping the Eleclady and offing the others - THEN I ended up breaking my Eleclady (don't ask - freak accident). I haven't gotten around to getting a new flanger. That Donner Jet Convolution pedal sounds interesting considering it's supposed to sound just like the Eleclady, and is cheaper to boot!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom