Mooer Ensemble King high end loss

SAMO

After months of playing through a modeling rig I'm putting an analog board together. I recently picked up a Mooer Ensemble King and have noticed that the high end is muffled while in bypass. With only the Mooer in line this high end attenuation is happening. I've gone one by one putting my other true bypass pedals in line and only the Mooer is guilty. I really dig the sound of the chorus so this is kind of a bummer. Two questions…has anyone else experienced this tone suck with Mooer pedals,and will a buffer help this out?

stinkfoot

I have an Ensemble King, and haven't noticed anything untoward about it. So I doubt it's a Mooer thing. Any time you add a single true bypassed pedal, the added cable length compared to plugging straight into the amp will show up as a treble loss. It would be the same with other (true bypassed) pedals though, as it's the cable length you're hearing, not the bypass scheme per se. If a certain pedal is worse than others, something could be up with that one. A buffer before the Ensemble King would most likely fix the problem, though.

SAMO

Right….like it's pretty noticeable with this one.Yeah, maybe I just got a bad one.

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
I just tested this with my Ensemble King. I plugged it straight into my amp with no effects before or after it and noticed no high end loss. I put it back on my (with pedals pre and post) board and noticed the same....no high end loss. At least not that I can tell. I can't say I have the best ears in the world either.

But, if you are hearing a big difference then you might to have it checked out.

SAMO

Yes, with mine it's pretty obvious. I had my girlfriend take a listen…she thought I was asking her to check out an eq pedal, not the true bypass of a chorus lol

Trending Topics