Mooer GE vs Bias FX

pandy

Hi,
Is it worth to upgrade from amp sim (like bias fx) to mooer GE multieffects pedal? In case of sound is it a difference?

mac jones

They should sound similar. I like the hardware stuff as i't plug&play with a drum machine. But an iPad is more P&P then a computer, so there's that. Still, iPads can drive you crazy. I seem to always get unresponsive audio interfaces with iOS. Bias on a desktop computer is nothing special, given the myriad of other options.

Reading your post i'm assuming you're not referencing the playability aspect, which is the main difference. You just asked about the sound only (a hint for other posters here ;))

Last edited:

pandy

Thx for the comment.
BTW Anyone knows If Is it possible to use Mooer GE (e.g. 200) with Bias FX? I mean If I could use It as audio interface and also does It recognizes Mooer GE as MIDI device in PC (through USB)? If I could use switches/pedal within Bias FX If I ever wanted to switch between builtin pedal effects & Bias FX.

mac jones

T
BTW Anyone knows If Is it possible to use Mooer GE (e.g. 200) with Bias FX?
Absolutely.

A note about that.

Some of these USB interface enabled Multi-Fx devices don't have an option to disable hardware monitoring completely, which is not ok for using a DAW or VST type modeler, or standalone modeler like BIAS FX, as you will have issues with delay, and other things. Manufacturers include the USB interface for recording and playback in these cases. Ideally you would have a blend knob to control the level of monitoring (from GE to DAW) but an either/or works ok. Read the GE manual carefully. This is ofter unclear.

Helix allows you to shut off hardware monitoring, but my Digitech RP360 doesn't, and a lot of them don't.

Last edited:

Trending Topics