Mooer GE200

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by ALOfYRSnfWhres, Oct 14, 2017.

1. ALOfYRSnfWhres

ALOfYRSnfWhres Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    GuitarTweak likes this.
  2. LaXu

LaXu Member

UI seems terrible. Single value wheels have no place in 2017 designs if you ask me.

3. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Member

Number of notes to be heard in this video: More than enough for a lifetime (or 2. Or 5...).
    Number of notes played through the device this is about: Zero.

Seriously, how could anyone return from that tradeshow and still be sane?
    Headphones seem to be unknown in China. Let alone isolation booths.

4. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Member

Exactly what I said in the other thread. On unit editing is every bit as painful as it gets - pretty much as if they wanted to beat the GP8 from 30 years ago (and that one did better).
    An absolute no-go for sessions and anything else requiring quick parameter access.

5. DigiPOV

DigiPOV Member

I didnt see if it had any global options like EQ.

Agree that a single rotary encoder to do everything is not best design. It looks like you have to push one of the green buttons to access specific parameters. Probably not as bad as it looks once you get used to it.

The UI is kinda similar to the Fender Mustang design.

Watched again, it doesn't have midi out.

Pretty cool for $200.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  6. Nevets

Nevets Supporting Member

It looked like whenever you're editing the individual effect settings, you could use the knob or the expression pedal to dial it in.

FuzzFacetious likes this.
  7. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Member

I think he demonstrated how to set up the expression pedal to manipulate a range of a given parameter in realtime.
    Wouldn't make much sense to me to use the pedal for parameter edits when you have to deal with the rotary encoder all the time anyway.

8. Tmidiman

Tmidiman Member

Have you ever gone to NAMM shows? Yeah, it's like that.

Aquinas likes this.
  9. bbgie1223

bbgie1223 Supporting Member

Is it going to have computer editor?

10. MichaelSaulnier

MichaelSaulnier Member

Yes. Computer software editor and IR loader. Also street is expected to be $299 according to info on the other thread.

LordByron and rsm like this.
  11. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Member

NAMM no, Musikmesse yes, when it was on its prime. And while horrible, it wasn't like that.

12. Tmidiman

Tmidiman Member

I'm also thinking it was probably a phone being used to record also. The video doesn't look that great, but it was appreciated.

13. Vintage Corpse Reviews

Vintage Corpse Reviews Member

the guy with the kilt :D

14. ALOfYRSnfWhres

ALOfYRSnfWhres Member

15. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Member

From the looks?
    Regarding operation, for me this video is absolutely frustrating.
    Seriously, when I read about the GE200 for the first time I pretty much knew that this could be the perfect device for a whole lot of situations and circumstances that I'll be facing around next spring, especially as I have nothing but positive experience with the Mooer pedals. I even thought I'd just order one blindly once it's available.
    But this video might be responsible for that to not happen anymore as is proves that editing is exactly as horrible as I thought.

16. DigiPOV

DigiPOV Member

I would give it a try first. My old Fender Mustang floor had a single encoder with push. At first I hated it, but got used to it and thought it was fine.

If memory serves me, on the Mustang, you pushed the encoder and it would rotate right to the next parameter or block. ON the GE200 it looks like pushing the encoder puts it in block mode, pushing it again puts it in parameter mode. OR something like that.

JiveTurkey likes this.
  17. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Member

It's not a matter of being able to get used to something. It's a matter of lousy UI design getting in the way of achieving the best possible results. Which is the case for *tons* of digital devices. And the very reason why many UI designers simply deserve to be fired.

18. Will Chen

Will Chen Member

I've seen you post this so many times I think it now warrants a response. I think the UI is perfect for a device of this size and will be plenty easy to navigate. Any MFX worth anything these days has far, far more parameters than can be attached dedicated controllers and the vast majority of people use editors to initially design patches and only use the physical UI when in a pinch. For home players, the vast majority will never use the physical UI. Focusing so much on the UI vs the fact this device seems to break the price barrier for IR loading MFX seems missplaced.

19. DigiPOV

DigiPOV Member

My only concern is that it costs $300 street. I thought it was a $200 box.

20. big mike

big mike Fixed Bias Moderator Staff Member

1) cut the racist argument bs
    2) if you got a warning learn from it and move on
    3) if you report a post dont respond to it and continue bickering
    4) if you did get a warning don’t abuse the report function trying to get even or risk an infraction.

I have better things to do with my day. One of them is continue to be partciallt Scottish and I don’t give care about it further