Mooer GE200

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by ALOfYRSnfWhres, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Ferg Deluxe

Ferg Deluxe Gold Supporting Member

2. sitedrifter

sitedrifter Gold Supporting Member

I really enjoyed your playing, well done! Pretty good with the Brown tone. Not perfect but better then my Digitech RP360 I had which means alot to me!

Ferg Deluxe and LordByron like this.
  3. LordByron

LordByron The Dude abides! Supporting Member

That simply has not been my personal, hands-on, first-hand experience. The mileage of others may vary. Doesn't change my experience or opinion.

BTW, I also own a GT-1 and a Boss Katana, which has all of the engines/algos and effects of the GT-100 available, albeit without the interface. So my comments and options regarding the value and price of the Helix extend to consideration of the Boss products. Excellent stuff. Not in the same league though, in my personal experience.

rsm and Sascha Franck like this.
  4. DigiPOV

DigiPOV Member

The GT-100 hardware (which you don't have experience with) does all the things the Helix does (albeit in orange and white). All of the extra hardware capabilities you are enjoying over the HD500x, already existed in the GT-100. GT-1 and Katana are stripped bare.

My point being that the "GT1000" just needs a color screen, IR loading, and latest generation of MCU to provide an equivalent experience, they can even keep the current UI (as it stands up well.) And I'd wager that Boss will do this at < $600.

Your experience with the HD500x makes the Helix seem like a good value, but coming from the GT100, it seems way overpriced.

sitedrifter likes this.
  5. stratcat1980

stratcat1980 Member

i agree with you again. Now that line 6 has moved their pricepoint so high that lowmid market is just wide open to take the market by storm. Boss has done it with the katana and the gt-1 in the last 2 yrs so if they can pull off a gt-200 or gt-1000 with ir loading and re done amps/ effects for 400-600.00 it will really be maybe amazing.
    Rebrand the cosm wording to something else as that cosm word has been ripped apart-mayv=be waza wording??

I am more interested in that low-mid ground for value which i think forces a company to really innovate and be creative with the unit to meet that pricepoint and still be decent to great.
    I am not anti helix or fractal but root for the underdogs because i am financially strapped and frankley dont need or want to spend thousands on modeling gear. Some guys here have all these high end units and have spent 10k on units/speakers which i just cant justify even if i play in a bar band every weekend.

6. DigiPOV

DigiPOV Member

I think Boss would have a difficult time making their next GT cost $1500, even if they were being wasteful.

Adding a color screen and IR loading is relatively cheap. All they need is next generation MCU for more processing power (maybe necessary to run IRs) then they can increase resolution of models even more.

The GT already has everything expected from a flagship processor. Great user interface, dynamic range / transparency, programmable FX loop (only one), 4cm, audio interface, pedal assigns, advanced midi, manual mode w/ graphical pedal assigns (not scribbles) and advanced switching.

7. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Supporting Member

An upgraded GT unit would be KILLER

There is some SERIOUS Boss Kool-Aid drinking in here and I love it :banana They would absolutely crush that mid-tier price point I am betting. Unfortunately; I am not sure if we will ever find out one way or another. I'll buy it if they build it :drink

rsm likes this.
  8. sitedrifter

sitedrifter Gold Supporting Member

If a GT1000 comes out, I am all in!

9. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Member

Not. Even. Remotely.

LordByron and voss451 like this.
  10. stratcat1980

stratcat1980 Member

wow thats pretty sad. The cl here these guys still think its worth $300+ ! go figure

11. Henky

Henky Member

Now, let's hear some GE200 clean tones with a hint of breakup as well.

Signal chain GE200:
    - NOISE KILLER
    - YELLOW COMP
    - TUBE DR
    - UK30 CL
    - US TWN 212
    - C4000B
    - HALL

Guitar:
    DoodDad Fashion (Moderne copy) with Dimarzio X2N

Recorded direct through GE200 USB audio interface into Cubase

12. mattball826

mattball826 Member

Sweet! maybe now there will be less derailing from Boss fandom in a Mooer Thread

unlikely lol

13. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Member

That's not a bad sound at all, thanks.

LordByron likes this.
  14. Garhel

Garhel Member

Nice clip, one of the first clips I've heard that betters my GT1 - it seems to have a bit more clarity, for want of a better word, it would be good to see if IRs could make it even better. Not sure I would call that clean with a hint of breakup, it sounded fairly overdriven to me - unless you equate that to a Ferrari having a "hint" of sports car! ;-)

15. Slicklickz

Slicklickz Member

CL is brutal around here(Boston area),what seems like a reasonable price will sit for months.It's great if you're a buyer but trying to sell something is discouraging.

16. stratcat1980

stratcat1980 Member

17. Henky

Henky Member

Thnx
    What i wanted to do here was capture the dynamics and nuances so every detail would be clear. It was played in one take without touching a button or even changing pickups. And it's on the edge of breaking loose but still clear enough to play subtle and have the degree of attack make the difference. The UK30 CL sim has a nice Brian May like ringing tone to it which you might have noticed in the quieter sections like the arpeggios at the very end which has no overdriven sound at all. Anyways the GE200 does let me play with dynamics and the details are there to have all the subleties in my playing get through.

18. djd100

djd100 Member

Amazing what people consider "clean tones with a hint of breakup" these days LOL! To me that was pretty much a low to mid gain tone.

The amp modeling lacked bloom and transient response which would be present in a low to mid-gain tone with real tubes, though it did clean up ok with lighter picking which isn't really a hard thing to do with DSP these days. I guess Henky liked the basic feel of the Yellow Comp/Tube Driver good enough?

Why doesn't someone just do some dry clips of the amp + cab modeling alone, or with a touch of short room reverb so we can all really hear it sans overdubs etc?

Sounds like a inexpensive modeler to me, similar to the others in it's price range (though with a IR Loader), but possibly excepting the AFB (anyone a+b it with a AFB)?

Lists for $300, and someone was saying they've seen them for $150, can't go wrong really if you're in the market for a inexpensive modeler...

sitedrifter likes this.
  19. GuitarTweak

GuitarTweak Member

[​IMG]

exited about this ^ :rolleyes:

LordByron likes this.
  20. djd100

djd100 Member

What is a tube sim doing in the cab sim?

sitedrifter likes this.