1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mooer GE200

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by ALOfYRSnfWhres, Oct 14, 2017.

1. riffy

riffy Member

Power amp modeling.

LordByron likes this.
  2. djd100

djd100 Member

Yeah, but normally that's in the amp block?

Anyone try it with a external preamp?

3. riffy

riffy Member

I have not yet but will buy one soon. I have seen this used with pedals to give greater results than cab IRs only.

LordByron likes this.
  4. djd100

djd100 Member

Yes of course, but the tube power amp sim is typically part of the amp block with additional parameters not shown here (depth, presence, volume, tube type etc), not a single parameter in the cab block.

This tube power amp sim is likely from the RADAR if indeed it actually does something related to tube power amp modeling, and a welcome development etc, but implemented in a strange way as now you can use your tube power amp sim with the amp block's tube power amp sim, assuming of course that the GE200's amp modeling has a tube power amp sim in it's various amp blocks, though maybe it doesn't and their amp blocks are just the little preamp pedals sans tube power amp sim?

Who cares as long as it sounds decent LOL?

riffy and LordByron like this.
  5. Robotechnology

Robotechnology Supporting Member

This was posted on another forum and I thought it sounded good especially since it seems it’s the same patch, just volume knob manipulation:

6. sitedrifter

sitedrifter Gold Supporting Member

Good player!!!! Nice tone too!

7. riffy

riffy Member

That does sound good to me! I love his playing as well!

8. mattball826

mattball826 Member

Does sound good. What happened to OP?

riffy likes this.
  9. mpltenmetalburn

mpltenmetalburn Member

Exactly, there are no power amps as of right now, this is a preamp modeler.

10. mpltenmetalburn

mpltenmetalburn Member

Got mine.

NEEDS update as said. Noise gates didnt even function properly until I did it.

It takes a bit of effort to dial in exactly to match the micro because the parameters are different. Through my tube power amp I could dial them similar enough to find them the same quality. Maybe the sample rates are different? , I couldn’t tell in tone or feel while scrutinizing. Ymmv.

The ge-200 has huge output, no low volumes, can pummel power amp input.

The onboard IR are practically useless. I loaded celestion IR and it became infinitely better DI.

The effects sounds nice to me. Not “lush” like strymon, more neutral but not entirely cold or sterile either.

The drive pedals really surprised me, seems just as good as the preamp models.

Been playing through an aux in of a tiny bookshelf radio today and surprisingly it is very satisfying.

Oh, there is one SHARC 21849 inside it.
    http://www.analog.com/en/products/processors-dsp/sharc/adsp-21489.html#product-overview

11. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Member

Lethal dose of Mooer addiction I suppose.

12. djd100

djd100 Member

Thanks for the clarification!

In that case, assuming the forthcoming tube power amp sims are decent, then there should be some nice improvement coming as well.

mpltenmetalburn likes this.
  13. mpltenmetalburn

mpltenmetalburn Member

Oh and the presets suck.

Not because they highlight the capabilites or wacky effects but because there are odd/extreme EQ setups, for example, +6DB@250hz that result in weird or bad sounds.

I would suspect the preset writers individual gear/setups are to blame.

14. sitedrifter

He is over on the Boss forum pedaling the GE200.

Viabcroce and Sascha Franck like this.
  15. DigiPOV

DigiPOV Member

How did you make the Loudness tone? It sounds like hot ceramic pickups, maybe a Super Distortion, but everything is up front and lots of presence. Does it involve any compression? Like maybe a compressor after the amp?

16. mattball826

mattball826 Member

Maybe they are using Chibsons with really bad pickups.

17. mattball826

mattball826 Member

Haha I'd lol if I saw that. No doubt he knows someone who is sending him things from MOOER factory/assy or he is part of MOOER.

Like the Boss fans are here in GE200 topics

18. djd100

djd100 Member

Ha, hopefully it's not fatal?

It appears that anonymous shilling is against the TGP rules (about 290 of the OP's first 300 posts were Mooer shilling).

KeLynne likes this.
  19. sitedrifter

Not sure if that was meant for me but I am a Boss fan for about a week now since getting the GT001. Zoom was not for me mainly due to lack of programming software, the GE200 is too immature with it's tones and my Digitech died.

AS I have said lots of times, I will buy the GE200 again if it gets better but I will be hard pressed because I can't see how it can beat the Boss (not counting IR loading) in the next firmware update if in fact that ever really happens.

LordByron likes this.
  20. Chandlerhimself

Chandlerhimself Member

Thanks for the run down. I really wanted to know about the pedals. I want to use this as an all in one and if I have to bring extra overdrives, delays, etc it might not cut it. I'm glad to hear the drive pedals sound good because I love the section they choose. I'm not as particular about the delays/reverb, so it sounds like I'll be picking one of these up.