Mooer GE200

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by ALOfYRSnfWhres, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Dead-Pan

Dead-Pan Member

To me the dials that are present in the Radar power section only effect the volume not compression etc of the power sim, guessing they use the same code?

2. mpltenmetalburn

mpltenmetalburn Member

The tube amp sims have no parameters but used with custom IR were really nice for my uses. Made it better.

Hilarious that I still see people comparing this unit to other units WITHOUT turning off that units power amp modeling. We just got the power amps.

User error is the bane of this device thus far.

3. mkaylor

mkaylor Member

Guess there is still no word on if the looper will have an UNDO function in the new FW? No word on any new effects?

4. Beernuts

Beernuts Member

I'm very tempted to go out and get a GE200. Just wondering how it sounds compared to the Amplifire. At half the price, I can't expect equal quality - but importing an Amplifier would run the price close to $800USD. I can pick up a ge200 for around 350 here.

5. 155

155 Supporting Member

I like the unit it has so much for so little , one thing im puzzled is the output master vol on it, where is regular volume?? like when there are no effects or anything on the volume is still adjustable , where is straight thru vol?
    its weird..also waiting on the mac editor so I can really use it...

6. valdiorn

valdiorn Member

Erm, have you tried the "MASTER" volume knob on the unit? :)
    If recording via USB you can set record and playback volume in the settings menu. You can also set input gain there.

or are you asking at what setting you'll achieve unity gain? IF so, then I think you'll just have to tune that by ear.

7. 155

155 Supporting Member

its just weird there is no true off, like the guitar signal by itself, the volume on the unit always controls volume going into amp

8. valdiorn

valdiorn Member

I've never seen a modeler that does it any other way than this. Care to name one example?
    The GE200 is not a distortion pedal, it's a multi effects amp-modelling unit. Therefore it makes logical sense that the unit has a master volume control.

9. 155

155 Supporting Member

I want it to bypass itself and it wont do that the volume is always controlling it, id like to have a totally dry unaffected signal if I have nothing on in the pedal..

10. valdiorn

valdiorn Member

Okay, but that's not what this unit, or any multi effects amp modeller I know of, does, or is for.

LordByron likes this.
  11. Beehive

Beehive Member

12. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Member

Beehive likes this.
  13. Sharry

Sharry Member

The device looks interesting. I looked at Thomann and found among others one following negative evaluation. That could not mean anything, I haven't checked the facts.

Quote: < I had bought the device to switch between a Boss SY-300 guitar synth and a Zoom G3 multieffects device without switching to the tuner mode. With the SY-300 it works fine, but with the G3 the distortion effects are massively overloaded, even with a minimal output level at the G3. The same problem also occurred with the Alesis Guitar FX multi-effects device. It's a pity, because of the equipment the White Loop is actually exactly what I need for the two devices (SY-300 and G3) (therefore 5 points for features), and it is otherwise solidly processed (3 points for processing, minus 2 points for poor functionality). > Unquote

14. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Member

Fwiw, I had that One Control dual loop thing for a while and had to send it back due to noise issues. Worked fine once it only had to deal with line level or 1-2 drives, but once I slapped entire signal chains into it (containing all sorts of mixed stuff, in my case loop 1 for electric, loop 2 for acoustic) there's been massive problems with whatever high pitched noises, oscillation and what not, regardless of the PSA I used. The paths I wanted to switch between didn't show any problems individually and I also played all my ground loop termination tricks. In addition (and the ultimate prove there's been something fishy with the One Control), I got the setup working fine using a very old Rolls loopswitcher.

15. Sharry

Sharry Member

Back to topic - has anyone found a protective bag to transport the GE200?

16. Slicklickz

Slicklickz Member

Was it an RP93?I have their midi tube preamp from the same time period,the MP45,and it's built great and I've never had a problem with it.

17. sitedrifter

sitedrifter Gold Supporting Member

Got one on the way!

kuato likes this.
  18. Justin Hitchborn

Justin Hitchborn Silver Supporting Member

This thread is torturous.

voss451 likes this.
  19. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Supporting Member

We need some NAMM action to heat up the discussion. I am gear bored right now and that is not usually a thing for me :anon

20. Justin Hitchborn

Justin Hitchborn Silver Supporting Member

It just keeps getting bumped near daily with no new information. I am interested in it, so news is good...such a taunting problem.