• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Mooer Mini Pedals - reliable or nah?

txrsm

Silver Supporting Member
Hey all! I was contemplating putting together a little mini pedal board inspired by SRV and Gilmour. Are the Mooer mini pedals reliable considering their low cost or should I stick with the more mainstream brands. The alternative would be a Boss /Ibanez board but I’m trying to have a small footprint.

The board would have a compressor, clean boost, tube screamer, fuzz, chorus/flange, and delay.

Just getting some thoughts together.

monty

I have around 5 of them and never had a problem.
That said, I don`t fully trust them and only use them at home. I dont mind spending a bit more for peace of mind at gigs and generally go with tried and true brands like Boss, MXR ect.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
They’re ok for the $$… but you get what you pay for. Definitely using cheapest parts available…
if I want to go cheaper, I’ll buy Used MXR

Digitalshrub

I’ve been gigging with a handful of Mooer pedals for a while now. Namely a Blues Mood. But I recently added a Yellow Comp, Blues Crab, and Ensemble King to another board, and honestly they’re all great. Never had any reliability issues. Great tones IMHO.

Been wanting to try the Triangle Buff, Black Secret, and E-Lady…

Ayns

I had an E-lady and Orange Phaser on my board for a couple of years. They both sounded great, and I had no problems with them. Took them off coz I hardly ever used them.

txrsm

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve been gigging with a handful of Mooer pedals for a while now. Namely a Blues Mood. But I recently added a Yellow Comp, Blues Crab, and Ensemble King to another board, and honestly they’re all great. Never had any reliability issues. Great tones IMHO.

Been wanting to try the Triangle Buff, Black Secret, and E-Lady…
Yup you pretty much named every single one I am looking at.

Thanks for the feedback on reliability. I already had a nice Helix LT but found myself overwhelmed with it. So I’m going back to the individual adjustable pedal format. Wish there was a multi effects pedalboard for such an occasion.

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
The Yellow Comp is phenomenal for the price. I have one as well as a Diamond comp jr and the mooer is legit like 90% of the way there. I’m pretty skeptical usually of the budget lines and haven’t had any other ones stick, but they nailed that compressor. it’s held up to pretty heavy use and still works perfectly.

TooMuchFiber

Silver Supporting Member
I'm generally skeptical of low-end pedals. Most of my ~40 pedals are higher end, but my Mooer Little Black Secret has crushing tone! I can't really speak to the reliability of it, but it works great at home!

Stu James

I’ve done a small board with predominantly Mooer pedals. I’ve never had a problem with any of them
I got
-elady
-chorus
-yellow comp
-green mile
-blues mood
Also Mosky silver horse and HOF mini.
My latest Mooer was the Blues Mood (Blues Driver) , I’m so impressed , it sounds better than my Gladio with some guitars and pickups

Baskervils

I have several Mooer Slow Engines. They get warm, but have not failed on me and I have had them for 4 or 5 years.

groovemeister

i have the yellow comp on my acoustic board and it is wicked man. before covid, i gigged with it solidly for 3 years (acoustic duo) and it never let me down. i also have the version 1 tender octaver which is awesome as well. i'm currently putting an andy summers board together and literally just ordered an elady flanger - hopefully it will be sweet too

primativ

I have an Mooer E-Lady that rumbles with static every time I kick it on. None of my other pedals do that.
Otherwise awesome pedal though.

rockon1

Platinum Supporting Member
Only the Donner mini wah failed ,of all the cheap stuff ive bought. Defective.

JBassTeleGit

I have bought a bunch of them second hand for 30$ a piece, some of them show signs of quite heavy use. Have had some on my board on and off for years and none have had any issues.
I have had more problems with my boutique pedals and EHX/MXR than with the Mooer pedals...

Sushi Box FX

Silver Supporting Member
I'll add my name to the "had an E-Lady that died" list. But I also owned a handful of their others (black secret, ana echo, sky verb, and trelicopter) and never had problems with those.

Bill Dennis

Silver Supporting Member
Awesome! Out of curiosity, what other pedals do you have on your DG inspired board?
Like I said, its more an "inspred by" thing than an attempt to get DG tones verbatim. I wouldn't say its done on the cheap, but I didn't go spend big money on it either. Most is just stuff I had. I think the muff and the e-Lady are they only things I bought. This was taken early on. I was still deciding between delays. Went with the Tape Machine as it was more tape like albeit not exactly of course. The CC was too dark.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom