• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Mooer Mini Pedals - reliable or nah?

txrsm

Silver Supporting Member
That is an awesome little board right there. Thanks for the tip on the CC vs Tape Machine.

Bill Dennis

Silver Supporting Member
That is an awesome little board right there. Thanks for the tip on the CC vs Tape Machine.
It was my preference of 2. You can certainly get closer to tape with a Boonar / El Cap / Belle Epoch etc but that wasn't the what I was trying to achieve. I just wanted the vibe and flavor

FPFL

Silver Supporting Member
Not a reliability comment on Mooer (not a fan since their EH theft) but "buy once, cry once" is the cliche I try to live.
Spend for the right pedal and be done. If you want a tiny pedal, you've got a lot of great choices from known sturdy brands.

txrsm

Silver Supporting Member
I here you man. I had a similar conversation with my cousin about the amount of money we spend on budget gear when a higher end piece could potentially be the solution in a shorter period.

groovemeister

I have an Mooer E-Lady that rumbles with static every time I kick it on. None of my other pedals do that.
Otherwise awesome pedal though.
did it always do that man? mine arrived today but i only had 10 mins to play with it before i went to work - it was very silent and sounded great. i didn't notice any volume drop either - i remember reading posts here a few years back where lots of peeps said it had a bad volume drop.

Phisherman

I have an ELady, Tender Octaver (V1), and Trelicopter. None of mine seem to have any issues at the current moment, but they aren’t high use pedals for me either. Currently on a backup board that I haven’t finished building yet.

openbar

Silver Supporting Member
The Mooers seem to be of much better construction than the other mini cheap pedals like Donner, Mosky, etc. Priced like it too.

I have had the Yellow Comp and ReEcho for a long, long time and they are still running strong. They aren't on every iteration of my board or in super constant use, but they also haven't just been sitting collecting dust for 2 years either.
Yellow Comp is the real deal, I've seen a very select few cheap mini pedals get the deserved love that thing gets. It's awesome.

Daka3

I gig mine regularly, no issues.
Ensemble King, Black Secret and Trelicopter. Great sounds, no problems as of yet, 50 plus gigs on each.

primativ

did it always do that man? mine arrived today but i only had 10 mins to play with it before i went to work - it was very silent and sounded great. i didn't notice any volume drop either - i remember reading posts here a few years back where lots of peeps said it had a bad volume drop.
It has always been a finicky pedal. It made a weird ringing tone when it was sharing a one spot with too many other pedals.
The static sounds seemed to appear after I sorted out the one spot problem.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom