Mooer Modverb

zzzzzzz

Silver Supporting Member
I'm interested in this pedal. I got an echoverb about a month ago and I'm really enjoying it so I'm curious about the modverb in to see how it stacks up. Anybody with some experience with the modverb? I can't find any usable YouTube videos. The one from Mooer is very short and its of the delay and reverb on so you can't really tell what the modverb sounds like by itself.

Nevets

I have one. It's nice. To me the modulation on the verb seems pretty subtle. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it. The 'freeze' mode, where you just hold the footswitch down, is extremely cool though.

zzzzzzz

Silver Supporting Member
I have one. It's nice. To me the modulation on the verb seems pretty subtle. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it. The 'freeze' mode, where you just hold the footswitch down, is extremely cool though.
Cool. I don't really care much about the modulation aspect but its nice to have I suppose. I'm mostly wanting to know about the quality of the decay/trails when its set to longer/higher levels. I tried a Mooer Shimverb and a Hotone Verb a while back and thought that both of them were terrible for the longer more ambient sounds. I was hoping the Modverb sounds more natural and musical more along the lines of the full size (pricier delays): Boss RV6, Wet, Mr Black, etc

monkmiles

Silver Supporting Member
Cool. I don't really care much about the modulation aspect but its nice to have I suppose. I'm mostly wanting to know about the quality of the decay/trails when its set to longer/higher levels. I tried a Mooer Shimverb and a Hotone Verb a while back and thought that both of them were terrible for the longer more ambient sounds. I was hoping the Modverb sounds more natural and musical more along the lines of the full size (pricier delays): Boss RV6, Wet, Mr Black, etc
I can't help with the modverb but I just ordered an echoverb. Do you find the echoverb can do a long decay ambient reverb/echo?

zzzzzzz

Silver Supporting Member
I can't help with the modverb but I just ordered an echoverb. Do you find the echoverb can do a long decay ambient reverb/echo?
I just picked up a modverb and got it yesterday. It's alright.. better than the rest of the mini reverbs that I've played but still not on par with my RV6 or Supermoon. I wish Mooer would focus less on the add-on modulation and just get the reverb done well on the modverb or the delay just right on the echoverb.

I like the echoverb better than the modverb and the echoverb is a solid replacement for my old boss DD5. It's pretty easy to tap in the different tap ratios on the set quarter note tap. I'm also going to add a tap out on the echoverb since it's always immediately available through the LED tap button. Another thing I'm not crazy about is the 160mA draw from both the echoverb and the modverb.

To answer your question about ambience from the echoverb: it's not the right pedal for that. The repeats aren't anything special, which is why I said it's a solid replacement for the DD5. The modverb can do some pretty cool ambience, especially with the infinite repeats by holding the foot switch down.. it's just the reverb quality is ok, not bad but not great.

monkmiles

Silver Supporting Member
I just picked up a modverb and got it yesterday. It's alright.. better than the rest of the mini reverbs that I've played but still not on par with my RV6 or Supermoon. I wish Mooer would focus less on the add-on modulation and just get the reverb done well on the modverb or the delay just right on the echoverb.

I like the echoverb better than the modverb and the echoverb is a solid replacement for my old boss DD5. It's pretty easy to tap in the different tap ratios on the set quarter note tap. I'm also going to add a tap out on the echoverb since it's always immediately available through the LED tap button. Another thing I'm not crazy about is the 160mA draw from both the echoverb and the modverb.

To answer your question about ambience from the echoverb: it's not the right pedal for that. The repeats aren't anything special, which is why I said it's a solid replacement for the DD5. The modverb can do some pretty cool ambience, especially with the infinite repeats by holding the foot switch down.. it's just the reverb quality is ok, not bad but not great.

Appreciate the feedback. Yea, I have and LOVE the Supermoon. The decay is super long and the verb is nice and sweet with or without the modulation sway. So back to the Echoverb, so it's not anything like the Dispatch Master either (another fav of mine)? Really I'm just looking for a tiny backup reverb/echo to keep in my gear bag I tote to/from jams in case I forget my Supermoon or something. The Joyo Space Verb was the other I was considering to the Echoverb. I've come not to like spring reverb emulations and prefer the more ambiant, ethereal type of reverb. I figured with the delay that I ought to be able to get some long, spacy decay on the Echoverb but perhaps not from what you're saying. I had a DD5 many moons ago but don't remember it all that well at this point. Geez, didn't realize it was a 160ma draw. The Dispatch Master on the other hand is like 60ma IIRC. Hmm, wondering if I should swing for the Space Verb instead since it has a church setting that I imagine has long decay length I'm guessing.

Nevets

I have the Space Verb as well and I love the church setting. Definitely 'spacey', but I'm still getting good results out of the echoverb too. Was playing both the echoverb and modverb together today for the first time and it was quite enjoyable. Sorry I can't more accurately describe the actual sound of these things, I find that very hard to do!

Dandolin

Tastes vary, but you might also want to consider the Xvive Maxverb--the hall setting has a looong decay, warm character and interesting modulation (though I can see why some might consider the mod a bit heavy). Also TC HOF Mini--I like to use the Church toneprint variant by bassist Henrik Linder called 'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' for long modulated ambient sounds, but there are some other nice choices with varying degrees of modulation available from the app.

boyatheart

I would get more use out of it if it had tremolo. I think Mooer should make a Tremverb. Instant surf in one mini pedal.

Trending Topics