Mooer Preamp X2 Pedal

riffy

This is using the GE Labs MNRS Captures as well as the GIR cab files or you can load 3rd party impulse responses as well.

Last edited:

dronerstone

Definitely interesting.

Did they improve the amp models in any way, compared to the Micro series or even the full-size Preamp Live?

alex mansman

I got mine on eBay. I’m still evaluating but so far it’s very promising!
What's your impression of it as a live playing tool on a pedalboard. Say with some pedals in front of it, time based/mod after the Mooer, all running into a solid state power amp?

riffy

I just ordered it from Thomann. We will see when it gets here. I am going to try and use it as a pedalboard amp. I already have the Flamma cab sim.

alex mansman

I just ordered it from Thomann. We will see when it gets here. I am going to try and use it as a pedalboard amp. I already have the Flamma cab sim.
Please do report back on that. I'd love to just send that thing through a power amp into a cab as a small backup solution to my Headrush

riffy

I got it in today. So far, it sounds great. I loaded up a Fryette Deliverance capture or profile and I am in hog heaven. I am using a line6 Echo Park in between this and the Flamma Stereo IR loading cab pedal. I have found a creamback IR. Running it in stereo with about 5 ms of latency dialed in between the cabs. Gives a great room sound.

I am also running a few different over drives out in front of the amp pedal and it is taking the pedals perfectly. Gonna drag this to a gig and test it in the fire. Will go direct to the PA and get me in a monitor mix pointed at my head.

MetalTele79

I got it in today. So far, it sounds great. I loaded up a Fryette Deliverance capture or profile and I am in hog heaven. I am using a line6 Echo Park in between this and the Flamma Stereo IR loading cab pedal. I have found a creamback IR. Running it in stereo with about 5 ms of latency dialed in between the cabs. Gives a great room sound.

I am also running a few different over drives out in front of the amp pedal and it is taking the pedals perfectly. Gonna drag this to a gig and test it in the fire. Will go direct to the PA and get me in a monitor mix pointed at my head.

Thanks for the update. Where do you download the additional captures from?

riffy

So, yeah, this thing is killing it. I have loaded up a Marshall 800 capture and am running a DS1 in front of it with some Jens Bogren IRs loaded up and I can easily get Zakk Wylde Ozzy sounds with it too. Have been running a Bassman with some York IRs and it is awesome!

riffy

in terms of hardware & software, is it different with Mooer Micro Amp/Preamp Live?

It is. The live can't load the MNRS Captures to the best of my knowledge. The editor for this is quite good too. This has 3 global cabs you can use, but only one at a time and selected by the editor when connected to your computer.

That is why I am running the Flamma cab sim pedal alongside it. Can switch amps in the preamp. I am running full amps with no cab in the preamp pedal and cabs with the Flamma. Cabs are switchable via foot switch there just as amps are on the preamp by foot switch.

Sounding great so far. Later today when I get the time, I am going to be running it into the effects return of a couple of my amps, disabling the speaker sims and running only preamp captures.

riffy

So far, I would put it against my older Kemper. Although, I am running a delay and reverb pedal between the preamp pedal and cabs pedal. Overdrives and distortions in front of the preamp. I like me time based pedals better than the Kempers effects.

riffy

Oh yeah, I have a couple of Archetype Petrucci and Archetype Nolly amps loaded in this thing too.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom