Moog MF-101 Low Pass Filter Vs Frostwave Funk-a-Duck Vs ???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TEMAS, Apr 5, 2008.

1. TEMAS

TEMAS Member

Hi all. I think I've narrowed it down to one of these two pedals for an envelope filter.

The MF-101 is the favorite, as I see it, because it does envelope AND has CV inputs for wah with expression pedal(s).

But the Funk-a-Duck has up AND down envelopes and you can control the speed of the envelope.

Which has a better sound and vibe to it? And which would is the most useful?

I guess I haven't completely ruled out the Mojohand pedal or the Emma pedal. Anything else I should consider?

Cheers.

2. TEMAS

TEMAS Member

Wow, yeah that looks like its gonna be the mother of all filters. I've just made an order with Barge Concepts for some blender pedals, but somehow I'd completely missed that. Thanks for that.

3. Zillie

Zillie Member

4. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Member

I'm also waiting for the "introductory offer" on the Barge MB-2.

As to the others you mention - I love Moogerfoogers, but the M-101 would be more attractive if it had up AND down action as well as HP and BP filtering.

The Frostwave is said to be not as guitar friendly as some filters. It's designed for a fuller range of sounds, so you have to find the sweet spots for a guitar based rig.

For a BIG list of filter options, check out DiscoFreq

http://filters.muziq.be/

5. TEMAS

TEMAS Member

Do you mean the MB-1? Or is there a Barge MB-2 as well as the MB-1?

I'm now considering this pedal seriously. What news have you had on when yours will be ready?

And what about the Robot Factory- MeatWad?

6. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Member

My mistake. MB-1 it is.

No news, just what's posted on the website. I'm sure they're working hard to get it right. I'd rather wait for them to make sure it's glitch-free. I've had all good experiences with the folks at Barge.