• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Moog MF Drive, BA Spooky Tooth, and... ? Another GD OD suggestion thread

HALP! I NEED PEDAL OVERDRIVEZ! MAKE FOR ME NOW!1!

• Red Witch 7 Sisters Scarlett Overdrive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henretta Engineering Pinkman Dirty Boost

• MXR Micro Amp

• Lumpy's SLPre

• TL DR; Timmy is always the answer NEWB

• Use your damn volume knob AND GET OFF MY LAWN!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rbrogan

For the last couple of years I've been using a Fulldrive II Mosfet and a Moog MF Drive for all my dirt. The Fulldrive was having some issues with the mosfet mode not clipping correctly, so I took the opportunity to get rid of it. It served me well, but I was ready to move on to a little more open sounding. Not a week later, my wife decided to buy me a Basic Audio Spooky Tooth for my birthday (because she's awesome), so now I'm looking for the last puzzle piece to my perfect pedalboard... OK, I'm really just looking for an excuse to spend the cash sitting in my paypal.

I'm looking for a small overdrive that does a great low-gain, edge of break-up sounds and keeps the low end relatively in tact. This would also be stacking with the MF Drive and the Spooky Tooth. This would be running with a GL Legacy and a Gibson GA30-RVS; which is a VERY clean 30 watt EL-84 amp with a tone and volume and that's it. It's a bit Voxy, with a more mellow Marshally top end. I don't have a ton of money in the paypal, so I'm looking to keep it under $100 if possible.

I play mostly indie rock, and listen to a lot of post-punk, post-rock, garage rock, and would love a low-gainer that can get into some of those sounds.

gearscrubs

On your list - OD3. Mooer Black Secret has decent bass in Turbo(LED clipping) mode, but is less adept at low gain, imo.

If you can find a used Crowther HotCake, though, that would be even better.

rbrogan

Fairfield Barbershop does what you're describing perfectly.
If I could find a v2 on the cheap, that would be perfect, I've been wanting one of those for years. But probably a bit out of the budget at the moment though...

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
Paul Trombetta Kush
Edit: D'oh! I missed the <$100 part. Maybe a used tc Spark?

Last edited:

la noise

On the cheap.... and right in your ballpark would
be a Way Huge Green Rhino. :aok

100hz control allows you to keep and retain
all the fatness/warmth you can handle!

Doesn't fit your small-size requirement, but
offers features the others don't.

Trending Topics