Moog Minifooger Pedals ??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mjt335, Jan 23, 2015.

1. mjt335

mjt335 Member

Anybody have experience with these? Somehow these totally slipped under my radar. I just saw a boost and tremolo pop up on my local Craigslist... I'm super intrigued. I've done a little research and these don't seem to get much attention.

Anyone ever used any of these pedals? How do they sound?

Are they big? It's hard to tell from pics, but they look like they are slightly larger than a Boss pedal.

2. reprove

reprove Member

I have the ring, boost, and drive and love them completely. Alone they sound great and for my amp (Anderson 18/20/45...fender-ish) work really well. But, it's when you add the exp pedal that things get going crazy....and awesome. I bought one moog exp pedal to start but now have one for each and love the flexibility and movement they add to the whole mix. They are a bit longer then a boss pedal and maybe a 1/2" wider. Built like mini-tanks as well. Lots of range in the drive and the ringmod is just pure bliss. I'm a satisfied moog-ophile

3. BacchusPlateau

BacchusPlateau Member

I've got the Trem and I really like it. Its pretty diverse (can go from choppy to fender style trem and has a tone knob) and a good size (slightly bigger than a boss but has top jacks)

4. 9520575

9520575 Member

They are awesome. I've play a bunch but I own the big boxes

5. sbrollins76

sbrollins76 Supporting Member

I have the boost and love it. I'm verrrrry interested in the Chorus and Flanger that just got announced too.

6. Viral_Rock

Viral_Rock Member

My only experience is with the drive, and I love it. As others have said, they're a bit bigger than boss size, but not huge, and seem to be very solid. I haven't opened it up but my guess is that the walls of the housing are thicker than your standard enclosure. If the new flanger shows up on deal of the day like some of the other minifoogers have I'll probably jump on that one too.

7. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

I have the drive and really dig it, especially into a dirty amp. In fact, I just got the Moog EP-3 expression pedal today and am having a blast using this thing as a dirty wah. I'd love to check out the new flanger they just announced.

8. kiki_90291

kiki_90291 Member

I have the boost. My only complaint is that the little feet make it hard to velcro onto a board :) I use it in eh OTA mode (boost with some hair) and an expression pedal to up to control volume and add some dirt to clean tones. I keep thinking it's redundant and should get it off the board to make room and then I go to rehearsal and realize that it's really useful.

9. Ev O)))

Ev O))) Member

they are great. The delay is my fav small box analog delay every. So gnarly with tyw whole drive knob thing.

10. lugnut111

lugnut111 Member

I own the same three Minifoogers. Just got my first expression pedal. It's amazing how the exp. pedal can take the effects beyond their standard parameters. And I agree, the ring is awesome. It's actually very musical & just plain fun to play. Quality pedals at a reasonable price.

(The EP-3 expression pedal is actually made from a composite material but it seems very durable and it's only $40 with the cable.)

11. reprove

reprove Member

I dropped $9 at monoprice for 3 1ft trs cables with dual RA ends for the 3 exp pedals. Very nice quality for what I got. Worth 3x that from the looks of them.

12. Harry_Manback

Harry_Manback Member

I have both the drive and delay on my board. They're fantastic.