1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Moog switches

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sketches, May 17, 2011.

1. sketches

sketches Member

Hi guys

I recently got a Moog delay pedal on here. I haven't heard back from the seller unfortunately so I figured I'd ask the forum itself. I was wondering whether or not the Moog switches were temperamental? In that you don't need to push it the entire way for it to engage? I'm having quite a difficult time getting it to work fluently without stuttering... I'm really afraid the unit my be damaged as the seller hasn't replied in over 30 days and that's never a good sign. He listed it as new and described it as such in the PM's to and from :( It was sent in the box with minimal bubble wrap too... which is my main worry as if it was damaged in shipping and I paid a significant amount in shipping + insurance I'd expect neither of us to pay for it and the shipping company... but I called USPS and they said they cannot do anything as I didn't pay for the shipping to them I paid the seller.

I'm happy to get it repaired or whatever but I'm just wondering if this is a normal thing as I don't want a $40 "check up" fee and them tell me it's always like that (happened with a pedal that stopped working once... then he said 'nah it works fine, I checked it on my psu... that's $39.95 thanks'). For obvious reasons no names will be named as I don't think it will achieve anything. I just want to make sure it's not broken :huh

Thanks!

p.s. I have had a Freqbox in the past and it wasn't this bad!!! I could easily use my foot but I almost HAVE to use my hand to get it to turn off and on in one press otherwise my foot ends up engaging/disengaging at the same time (it does it about halfway).

2. cheameup

cheameup Member

I've had a moog ring mod for 7 years and the switch has never done anything weird

3. champion ruby

champion ruby Member

Sounds like the switch might of taken a knock, or been stomped too hard at one point. My wah switches end up how you describe, stuttering between on/off unless I push all the way with some force. Sounds to me like the switch was like that before it was shipped.

4. sketches

sketches Member

Yup I think I got f-d. I don't think it was the switch per se as the "drive" knob isn't as smooth to turn as the others. It feels like a dirty pot... does anyone else experience this? I only mention this because if that's not likely to be it either then the sellers description of "as new" is REALLY off. It wasn't a "too good to be true" deal... I paid the going rate for a second hand one.

The output level knob is sweet/smooth but the drive knob feels "loose" and not as smooth taper. In fact it feels "cheap".