Moog switches

sketches

Hi guys

I recently got a Moog delay pedal on here. I haven't heard back from the seller unfortunately so I figured I'd ask the forum itself. I was wondering whether or not the Moog switches were temperamental? In that you don't need to push it the entire way for it to engage? I'm having quite a difficult time getting it to work fluently without stuttering... I'm really afraid the unit my be damaged as the seller hasn't replied in over 30 days and that's never a good sign. He listed it as new and described it as such in the PM's to and from :( It was sent in the box with minimal bubble wrap too... which is my main worry as if it was damaged in shipping and I paid a significant amount in shipping + insurance I'd expect neither of us to pay for it and the shipping company... but I called USPS and they said they cannot do anything as I didn't pay for the shipping to them I paid the seller.

I'm happy to get it repaired or whatever but I'm just wondering if this is a normal thing as I don't want a $40 "check up" fee and them tell me it's always like that (happened with a pedal that stopped working once... then he said 'nah it works fine, I checked it on my psu... that's $39.95 thanks'). For obvious reasons no names will be named as I don't think it will achieve anything. I just want to make sure it's not broken :huh

Thanks!

p.s. I have had a Freqbox in the past and it wasn't this bad!!! I could easily use my foot but I almost HAVE to use my hand to get it to turn off and on in one press otherwise my foot ends up engaging/disengaging at the same time (it does it about halfway).

champion ruby

Sounds like the switch might of taken a knock, or been stomped too hard at one point. My wah switches end up how you describe, stuttering between on/off unless I push all the way with some force. Sounds to me like the switch was like that before it was shipped.

sketches

Yup I think I got f-d. I don't think it was the switch per se as the "drive" knob isn't as smooth to turn as the others. It feels like a dirty pot... does anyone else experience this? I only mention this because if that's not likely to be it either then the sellers description of "as new" is REALLY off. It wasn't a "too good to be true" deal... I paid the going rate for a second hand one.

The output level knob is sweet/smooth but the drive knob feels "loose" and not as smooth taper. In fact it feels "cheap".

Trending Topics