MoogerFooger CP251

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mike@nortoncable.com, Aug 1, 2008.

1. mike@nortoncable.com

mike@nortoncable.com Member

Would this work well with the MurF,Analog delay & Phaser?
    I've have a chance to pickup a cp251 cheap, didnt know if it was worth buying for the moogerfoogers I have.

:hide

2. Hiwatt Bob

Hiwatt Bob Member

of the moogers you have, cp251 is the coolest with the phaser probably.

you really need the LPF to get the most out of the cp251. and vice versa, you really need the cp251 to get the most out of the LPF. a truly amazing combination.

i'd get both.

3. pbone

pbone Member

I'm thinking of getting the CP251 eventually. What can it do with the Analog Delay? I already have the LPF.

4. mike@nortoncable.com

I had a CP251 before & was rather confused with it, ended up selling it off towards getting the moog delay, I'm tryin to find out if its worth while.

5. mattthefiddler

mattthefiddler Member

It can be used by them, but is probably best suited for use with a phaser, lowpass, freq box, or ring mod.

I use it with my Murf and delay though..

For the delay, run the sample and hold smooth out through an attenuater, and then to the time on the delay.. and you get a nice random modulation. run the triangle wave through for a consistant modulation.

6. _sjm_

_sjm_ Member

How about LPF in the loop of the delay, with the CP-251's triangle wave modulating the delay time and then S&H the filter cutoff?

7. pbone

pbone Member

So what can it do with the delay.

8. mattthefiddler

mattthefiddler Member

pbone, probably the best 2 places to check are 1- the user Manuel that has a lot of sample patches with various patches that will give you ideas. there are a bunch of really good delay options there.. (might be able to PDF it) also, if you go to the forum at moogmusic.com, (the company's page) you can search through a lot of good posts that have different options. I gave one good one with modulations, you can also change the mix level, feedback levels, etc. BUT... with the CP and 2 foogers, you can change any number of multiple parameters in sync... some times opposite of each other, using the new CP.

there are truly limitless things to do. the delay is likely going to be in your face, or pretty subdued in terms of hearing the changes... I think it takes more work to get middle of the line effects with CV on the delay, than say the 101 or phaser.

9. aeonlux

aeonlux Member

I use the Moog CP-251 Control Processor with a MF-104SD Super Delay, MF-105 MuRF, and MF-105b Bass MuRF.

Simply put, the CP-251 makes the other 'foogers come alive. Highly recommended.

cheers,
    Ian

10. mike@nortoncable.com

moog should make a patching site with some sort of flash app that allows you to click each Jack, connect a cable and then hit export to make a jpeg of the patching for those of us who only understand little bits about analog synthesis. Ultimately my fear is pluging a voltage controlled cable into a signal cable and blowing up either the $350 murf, the $600 delay or frying the $300 control processor! Would be a rather hasty mistake.

11. mattthefiddler

mattthefiddler Member

"voltage controlled cable into a signal cable "

did you know that the difference between a "signal" and a voltage control cable is more what we hear? audio stuff makes good control voltage, and you will not in any way blow up a mooger plugging and out on any of them into an in on any of them. they are designed for very HOT signals. Case in point, I use my .com modular, which operates in +- 5 volts, in some case I can get a little more out than that..... much hotter than the normal fooger outputs, and they are still chirping away in happiness.

I would not run 5 volts into any other pedal though... moogers are the main guitar boxes built for it.

experiment away, and have fun! DOn't worry