• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Moogerfooger MuRF vs Red Witch Empress Chorus

skyn

Hey guys, my current rig is RMC2 > OCD v3> Moog Phaser> DD20> TS9> Tuner. My currently dilema is deciding between getting a Moogerfooger MuRF or a Red Witch Empress Chorus. There seems to be so little information regarding the MuRF that I'm rather hesitant to get it seeing as to how I didn't like the Ring Mod (all it did were noises) and am unsure if its justified paying that kinda price for the MuRF.

(Btw if you were gonna ask me to get whichever one I will probably use more, I'm unsure about it at this stage :( )

Any input is greatly appreciated!

dorfmeister

Hey guys, my current rig is RMC2 > OCD v3> Moog Phaser> DD20> TS9> Tuner. My currently dilema is deciding between getting a Moogerfooger MuRF or a Red Witch Empress Chorus. There seems to be so little information regarding the MuRF that I'm rather hesitant to get it seeing as to how I didn't like the Ring Mod (all it did were noises) and am unsure if its justified paying that kinda price for the MuRF.

(Btw if you were gonna ask me to get whichever one I will probably use more, I'm unsure about it at this stage :( )

Any input is greatly appreciated!
If you dial it in right the Ring Mod is a great trem with a great deal of flexibility.

saucyjack

The Murf is much more flexible than a Ring Mod and has nothing in common with the Red Witch chorus.
The MUrf is kind of a cross between and Tremelo,Step sequencer with some 'Phaser/Ring Mod/Synth sounds thrown in...all with tweakable knobs.
It's hard to describe until you get your hands on one and play around with it.

skyn

I'm kinda in a dilema of having to decide between either. Any advice which I should go for first?

steelyfan

WOOHOO! My first post. The newbie.

A chorus pedal and the Murf are two different animals all together.
In addition to what an earlier person said, the murf is a resonant filter
with alot of possibilities. The gain control on it is useful for grit, and adds a nice analogue quality to any signal. You can feed the murf all types of sources and and get tremelo, glitches, warble, ticking, and other type of neat sounds with it. Also, it has patterns that are fun for stereo sources, like a fast warble in one speaker, and a slow oscialation in the other.
I would buy a chorus and the murf, the two together would be beautiful.
Also, the murf makes no sounds on it's own,it's a signal processor of sorts, the chorus does.
I'm running a: ALL STEREO.
Ibanez hollowbody- vox tonelab-DL4-MURF.
Awesome sounding stuff. what's really neat is I'll run this into two channels on my mixing board for a hard left and right pan, but...
I'll put a BOSS BF-2 (FOR A NICE 80'S CHORUS) before the board(after murf) for the left channel
and a EHX POG on the right(after murf, before board)
I've never heard ANYTHING like it. Beautiful sound.
The MURF will stimulate your creativty, the Chorus is a chrous
hope this helps.(my first post and I'm ranting
steelyfan

Trending Topics