moollon revibe impressions

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 65bfdr, Apr 26, 2008.

1. 65bfdr

65bfdr Member

ok, I purchased the moollon revibe after a nice review in GP magazine. Earlier I've had one of the first big white Fulltone deja vibes, which actually sounded good but it altered the bypassed tone somewhat and it was too big.
    The Moollon is smaller and the sounds lush (maybe too lush...) and nice. However, it doesn't have enough headroom. I turn the volume on full, and it's still not cutting through on solos. I opened the casing up to see if there's a overall volume inside, but no luck. To me, this makes the pedal useless in a live situation.... anyone know if I can mod it so it'll be louder?

2. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    With the Fulltone being true bypass, how did it alter your tone? As to modding the Moolon, contact them, they would be best to tell you what to do, it may be just a matter of changing a resistor.

TheGrooveking

3. 65bfdr

65bfdr Member

I felt that the Fulltone made my tone somewhat thinner. Not very much though so I used the pedal for several years.
    I'll give Moollon a call to see what's up.

4. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

You can mod the volume pot for a 500k instead of the 250 k thats in it. thats what Sweetsound and others have done to give a vibe more volume. But I will tell you that vibe's when used for solos are not really going to be really prominant in the Mix, unless your doing double note stuff. Have you played it with the full band yet?

Shane
    http://www.youtube.com/user/58lespaulman

5. 65bfdr

65bfdr Member

Hey Shane,
    yeah, I have taken it out to a couple of gigs and it actually works okay with single line stuff except for the volume drop which renders it useless. I was wondering about the volume pot too so I should give that a try. Is that a linear or audio taper?

6. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Do a search because there is a thread or two of Bob Sweet telling what to do if you want more volume out of your vibe. And that is how he got more volume out of his Mojovibe. Hope this helps.

Shane
    http://www.youtube.com/user/58lespaulman

7. trower

trower Silver Supporting Member

My trial with this re-issued version yielded a similar experience. I would have given this one a longer visit but the Vintage side had a volume drop and the Modern side was a bit spikey and thin at the top of the throb for my taste...almost a phase quality.. I would liken it to a new speaker..maybe these settle in..not sure...sometime after selling it, I tried another with the same result.