Moon Phaser alternatives: no trem!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by FunkGeek, Dec 8, 2016.

1. FunkGeek

FunkGeek Member

Here is the thing: I love the tone of the Moon Phaser Deluxe. But I'm planning on buying the Strymon Flint for my trem/reverb needs.
    I'm trying to minimalize my rig, to avoid tip-tap dancing and focus on playing.
    So the idea of having two trems on board feels a bit sub-optimal..

I'm not really into getting weird/crazy sounds generally. So my rig would be more on getting few inspiring tones. mainly funk, prog rock hard-rock, jazz, blues.

Suggestions?
    Thanks!!

2. 108

108 Member

You just just leave it in the phase settings and not in the tremophase. It's one of the best phasers I've owned.

3. FunkGeek

FunkGeek Member

Yeah I really liked the sound when I tried it, how do you find the tremolo alone on the Moon Phaser?
    I mainly use the Reverb on the Flint anyway.

4. jkg

jkg Supporting Member

The trem on the moon phaser is not a real standalone trem--it combines trem and phase. Honestly you would never use it for real trem purposes over a dedicated trem pedal--it can't compete. it's a darn good phaser though and can get vibelike.

5. Kurzman

Kurzman Supporting Member

Mine has three phaser settings, two tremophase settings and one tremolo setting.

6. FunkGeek

FunkGeek Member

Thanks guys for your reply!

Ok I'm about to buy a used one for a fairly good price. Only thing is, what do you think of having a dry/wet control knob on a phaser? Do you think it's useful or I can just work on the speed/depth to make it more subtle when needed? I know the DMP has an internal control, which is not actually a blend control.. would it help in case?

Another question is whether all modes on the DMP are actually good for different purpose or kinda redundant to you..?