• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

More clean headroom in two-rock custom reverb v2?

andersn

I have a 50 watt Two rock Custom Reverb signature version 2 with a 2x12 signatur cabinet which I love. It's new, I have never looked inside or changed tubes.
However, I need the amp to give me some more clean headroom without shipping it to US and rebuld it to 100 watt. Any advice?
I also find it strage that i can hear almost no differece in volume using the low power output switch. Is this correct?

phillyred79

Platinum Supporting Member
Try experimenting with EQ1 if you haven't already. You'll get a lot more headroom at higher volumes compared to EQ2- at least that seems to do the trick for me. Of course this is coming from a guy who has a Custom Clean on the way too...!

traviswalk

In the Great State
Try some different speaker in the cab, some big ol' EMV-12Ls or something similarly efficient. Agree on Philly's note on EQ1 as well. My Classic Reverb surely decreases the headroom on the Low Power, but it can still be loud volume wise.

andersn

Ill try that. Thanks. I would have liked to try the custom clean too, but I don't think there are any in Norway. I'll probably have to wait until the next time I'm in US to do that.
What about tube changes or internal trim pot's? Is there any variable pot's inside the CR sig.?

traviswalk

In the Great State
I don't think their are internal trimmers in the CRS V2 but will let other chime in definitively. For tube changes you could try some lower gain preamp tubes like a 5751 or a 12AT7 and then some higher output 6L6 tubes like a 7581a (if you can find them).

andersn

Thanks for your advice. I can find the 12at7 in the regular suppliers list here but not the 7581A. But I can of course order them on the web.
Do I have to rebias to use this tubes?

traviswalk

In the Great State
If you find something like a 7581a it would benefit you to rebias just to make sure they are within operating range. The 7581a's are hard to find and are getting darn pricey these days!

Trending Topics